Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone familiar with this 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iwanta914-6
I was just curious if anyone knows this car.

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/6100675493.html

Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
I can't help with the background of the car, but is that really what that car is worth?

Either way, I hope you get one soon so that the MN crew expands!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 3 2017, 02:03 PM) *

I can't help with the background of the car, but is that really what that car is worth?

Either way, I hope you get one soon so that the MN crew expands!

That's asking price obviously. Honestly I think he's a bit optimistic. For me, I would have to remove the roll cage and change the exhaust and at some point go back to a regular fuel tank and relocate the battery to the engine compartment and put a spare tire back in. I'm just curious since it's somewhat local and I'll be down in Des Moines next week.
Tom_T
Print & take this PPI form with you for any of your 914 prospects -

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Gen_914CAF.pdf

Seller isn't clear if it's a 1.8 converted to 2.2L/2L - or if an original 2L 74 - which will have a big bearing on the value & price.

If it is a real `74 2L in avg. condition, then the price isn't bad, but adjust to 1.8 if that's what it was originally, &/or adjust value to actual condition level.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools...Porsche-914-2.0

The rust is always worse than stated, & there's no frikkin way it's a 20K mile car!!!! dry.gif
The real question is whether theire's a 100K, 200K or 300K or more in front of the 20-something! idea.gif

Since it sounds like you're looking for a street car, insist on getting the Fuchs 2L wheels - preferably a proper full set of 5, & if he throws in the 8-spoke (replicas?), that's your fun set for AX. Same thing for any of the other original or aftermarket 914 parts he may have, plus any/all records.

PS - If it's switched to carbs without the D-jet available, or if the 2.2 wasn't built off the original matching numbers 2L, & whatever else not original now lost to time, work to put back to street level which you want, etc. - you'll want to adjust the value also. But $13.9K may not be far off a good deal if it all checks out per the above.

Since you'll be in IA, go look it over & see where it goes from there!

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Front yard mechanic
Buy it then you can buy three more and justify the number 4x biggrin.gif
SKL1
Hmmm- I'm back in IA for a while but do not know this car. Don't really do any SCCA autocrosses etc when in IA. (Haven't done that for 35+years!)

Will be at a PCA picnic on Saturday- can ask around if anyone knows this car. I could go look at it and take my '71. That would show him he can't BS me about details!!

(Not to be picky, but at least in the pix it doesn't look like anything special, and would need a lot to get it back to something presentable, and more "stock.")
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.