Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone familiar with this 914, In Des Moines, IA
iwanta914-6
post May 3 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

I was just curious if anyone knows this car.

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/6100675493.html

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
Optimusglen
post May 3 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,709
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I can't help with the background of the car, but is that really what that car is worth?

Either way, I hope you get one soon so that the MN crew expands!
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post May 3 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,510

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 3 2017, 02:03 PM) *

I can't help with the background of the car, but is that really what that car is worth?

Either way, I hope you get one soon so that the MN crew expands!

That's asking price obviously. Honestly I think he's a bit optimistic. For me, I would have to remove the roll cage and change the exhaust and at some point go back to a regular fuel tank and relocate the battery to the engine compartment and put a spare tire back in. I'm just curious since it's somewhat local and I'll be down in Des Moines next week.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 3 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Print & take this PPI form with you for any of your 914 prospects -

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Gen_914CAF.pdf

Seller isn't clear if it's a 1.8 converted to 2.2L/2L - or if an original 2L 74 - which will have a big bearing on the value & price.

If it is a real `74 2L in avg. condition, then the price isn't bad, but adjust to 1.8 if that's what it was originally, &/or adjust value to actual condition level.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools...Porsche-914-2.0

The rust is always worse than stated, & there's no frikkin way it's a 20K mile car!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
The real question is whether theire's a 100K, 200K or 300K or more in front of the 20-something! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Since it sounds like you're looking for a street car, insist on getting the Fuchs 2L wheels - preferably a proper full set of 5, & if he throws in the 8-spoke (replicas?), that's your fun set for AX. Same thing for any of the other original or aftermarket 914 parts he may have, plus any/all records.

PS - If it's switched to carbs without the D-jet available, or if the 2.2 wasn't built off the original matching numbers 2L, & whatever else not original now lost to time, work to put back to street level which you want, etc. - you'll want to adjust the value also. But $13.9K may not be far off a good deal if it all checks out per the above.

Since you'll be in IA, go look it over & see where it goes from there!

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post May 3 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,984

Buy it then you can buy three more and justify the number 4x (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 3 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hmmm- I'm back in IA for a while but do not know this car. Don't really do any SCCA autocrosses etc when in IA. (Haven't done that for 35+years!)

Will be at a PCA picnic on Saturday- can ask around if anyone knows this car. I could go look at it and take my '71. That would show him he can't BS me about details!!

(Not to be picky, but at least in the pix it doesn't look like anything special, and would need a lot to get it back to something presentable, and more "stock.")
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:08 AM