Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy: rear fog light harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Ok, I've reached out to our own harness expert to see what he would need as far as a group buy to get a reproduction of the original harness done. The harness for these is pretty involved and goes all the way from the lamp to the switch so it isn't a super cheap thing.

We need 20 sets to make this happen and you can probably get Jeff to give you a deal on one of the other types of harnesses he makes or at least throw it in the same box and save some shipping.

So, we need at least 20 sets to get the $206 per harness price.

Who's in? piratenanner.gif

Besides sounding off here, you need to contact Jeff Bowlsby via IPB Image with this information - quantity, name, email, and physical address (so he can quote shipping) he will get back to you with total cost. Oh, and Niklas, international shipping is not a problem.
McMark
Changed Jeff raw email so spam-bots don't pick it up. wink.gif

And icon_bump.gif
Jett
Signed up for two.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ May 8 2017, 08:46 AM) *

Changed Jeff raw email so spam-bots don't pick it up. wink.gif

And icon_bump.gif

You're so kind. I completely forgot about that! sad.gif
maf914
Is the rear fog-light controlled by the front fog-light switch? Or is a separate rear fog-light switch used?
raynekat
QUOTE(maf914 @ May 8 2017, 09:08 AM) *

Is the rear fog-light controlled by the front fog-light switch? Or is a separate rear fog-light switch used?

Can do either....depends if you want the front and rear fogs to operate independently or not.
I have opted to add a 2nd switch for maximum control.

BTW: the factory harness which I have in my hand consists of two wires, two sleeves and 3 crimp on connectors. That's it. Very simple.
Norskpole
I'm in for 2 sets
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 8 2017, 12:50 PM) *

BTW: the factory harness which I have in my hand consists of two wires, two sleeves and 3 crimp on connectors. That's it. Very simple.

Looks simple alright, but don't be deceived about how easy it is to push a single wire through about 20 feet of small diameter heat shrink. And the white/green stripe wire is special order only available in 1000ft quantities...
TJB/914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 8 2017, 08:00 PM) *

Looks simple alright, but don't be deceived about how easy it is to push a single wire through about 20 feet of small diameter heat shrink. And the white/green stripe wire is special order only available in 1000ft quantities...

Hi Jeff,

I agree it's not simple threading small wires through 20' of a small dia. heat shrink. headbang.gif

Wondering?? How is the harness routed from the Fog Light to the dash switch?? What route & through what opening in the engine fire wall into the cabin?? A general routing would be appreciated, Fog Light to dash. idea.gif

The reason for asking, I haven't hooked mine up yet. w00t.gif

Tom
ConeDodger
I guess you actually aren't one of the cool kids are you TBlizz??? evilgrin.gif

You was posing! blink.gif
JeffBowlsby
Through the center tunnel next to the chassis harness. Up through the snorkel, to the drivers side engine bay, just zip tie it to the chassis harness. Ground point is under the relay board. Pretty intuitive once thought through.
porbmw
in for one
Thanks
Paul beerchug.gif
jkb944t
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 8 2017, 04:00 PM) *

Wouldn't it be easier to run .03 mig welding wire through the heat shrink sleeve and then hook it to the wire and pull it back through the 20 feet of heat shrink sleeve?

Jeff B
ConeDodger
Looks like we're 1/4 of the way there. Some might have just contacted Jeff directly and not sounded off here.

cheer.gif

Let's get this done guys!
Norskpole
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2017, 09:32 AM) *

Looks like we're 1/4 of the way there. Some might have just contacted Jeff directly and not sounded off here.

cheer.gif

Let's get this done guys!

bump
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif get to it guys! We need 20 to make this fly! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Get your orders in! We need to make this happen ! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
ConeDodger
It's Mothers Day! You mothers need to order your rear fog light harness! cheer.gif
ConeDodger
Can't turn it on unless you wire it up! Order up guys! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Harness time! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Norskpole
Bump...for those that now need to think of this!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Norskpole @ May 18 2017, 07:58 PM) *

Bump...for those that now need to think of this!

Excuse me? You can't just run around bumping people! happy11.gif
ConeDodger
You got thee bracket, now harness it up! evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
drooley.gif Can we see you in the fog?
sixnotfour
I had a nos harness .. bought it from GPR, l left it in a Hotel room in Ca. ...called them and they held it for me, Andy Thonet picked it up for me delivered it to RRC, some how Eric Shea got ahold of it ,, I finally got it back from him and did nothing with for years,,Jeff B. has owned for a while now.. never opened the bag..
maddin
-delete_
sorry sorted:-)
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif get yours now!
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thanks to all that have responded and to Rob for spearheading this. I will honor the GB price for this harness to those that have responded for orders placed on or before May 31 when the normal $229 price will become effective.

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.