Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving/fog Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
I was trying to get my driving lights/fog lights working and after turning the switch on and testing for voltage at the wires I get nothing. I was reviewing an electrical document and it states that power from the fuse panel goes to a relay. Where is this relay? on the fuse board? If so which one is it?
914Sixer
Relay is on the fuse panel
oakdalecurtis
My suggestion would be to wire your fog lights through an illuminated toggle switch installed in your dash, using a new relay completely independent of your headlight system. That way you can use your foglights whenever you want without having your headlights on and up, or on lowbeams only. With this setup, I use my foglights as Daytime Running Lights whenever I choose to.
mmascari
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 7 2017, 07:45 PM) *

Relay is on the fuse panel

Thanks, I thought so. I am missing two relays so I think it is the one that is missing. Are all the relays on the fuse panel the same?
914Sixer
Yes and no. Depends on the year. Turn signal relay may or may not be on fuse panel. Headlight relay is different. All the black round relays are the same. The silver one on 73's that is for the door buzzer
GeorgeRud
You might occasionally find a red round relay as well. It has some sort of internal wiring difference, though I've long since forgotten what it was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.