Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo hub install....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BuddyV
So..... went to install a Momo hub on my 1975 914. Goes on securely...... but the horn blows as soon as I turn on the ignition.

Is there a spacer that I should install? Or ????

???
oakdalecurtis
Hi Buddy,
I put in a Momo years ago. Figure out which wire to the horn button is the hot lead, I think it's the black with yellow stripe wire. This lead is grounding out on the hub at some point which makes the horn go on. I remember having to dremel away some of the aluminum inside the hub to allow this hot lead wire to clear and not ground out. Once you do that, the horn should work fine. Also, if your Momo wheel is a smaller diameter than the stock wheel, check out the JWest eccentric spacer at this website:
http://www.jwesteng.com/shop/home/15-steer...ic-adapter.html
I highly recommend it.
This spacer will move the wheel about a half inch closer to you, but more importantly, it will raise the smaller wheel about an inch. This will allow you to see your gauges properly and also increase leg room under the wheel even more. Here's pics of before and after spacer installation:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ May 16 2017, 01:12 PM) *

Hi Buddy,
I put in a Momo years ago. Figure out which wire to the horn button is the hot lead, I think it's the black with yellow stripe wire. This lead is grounding out on the hub at some point which makes the horn go on. I remember having to dremel away some of the aluminum inside the hub to allow this hot lead wire to clear and not ground out. Once you do that, the horn should work fine. Also, if your Momo wheel is a smaller diameter than the stock wheel, check out the JWest eccentric spacer at this website:
http://www.jwesteng.com/shop/home/15-steer...ic-adapter.html
I highly recommend it.
This spacer will move the wheel about a half inch closer to you, but more importantly, it will raise the smaller wheel about an inch. This will allow you to see your gauges properly and also increase leg room under the wheel even more. Here's pics of before and after spacer installation:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

what's that toggle switch on the dash left of the column?

beerchug.gif
cjl
oakdalecurtis
The toggle switch is for my fog lights. I rewired the fog lights to be switched independently of the headlight switch. That way I can use the fog lights as Daytime Running Lights without having to raise my headlights, and the fog lights are now independent of the headlight's high/low beam selection too. I converted the toggle switch to an amber illuminated toggle when I did the rewire so I would know when the fog lights were on.
Click to view attachment
porschetub
Are you using a Momo horn button,all the ones I've had have 2 wires ,ones right and ones wrong.
You may find even if you have the right wire connected it could be touching somewhere inside the hub,things are rather tight in there.
Didn't think the stock horn ring was a very good fit,shame on Momo mad.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.