Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What tires to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
papajohn123
Hello everyone! I'm doing this for a friend, as he has just received a 76' 914 2.0 from his family & friends for his birthday. Needless to say, he's very happy, but he wants to mod the car a little bit, and he also needs new tires. Now I'm not really into tires, I know next to nothing about them, but I said I'd help him any way I can. He said he searched the internet for good guides, and he came across this website: holmesTire . I looked on it but I don't find it very good. He's gonna drive the car around the town, and he said he would prefer the tires to be as quiet as possible.
Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!
stevend914
QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 08:20 AM) *

Hello everyone! I'm doing this for a friend, as he has just received a 76' 914 2.0 from his family & friends for his birthday. Needless to say, he's very happy, but he wants to mod the car a little bit, and he also needs new tires. Now I'm not really into tires, I know next to nothing about them, but I said I'd help him any way I can. He said he searched the internet for good guides, and he came across this website: holmesTire . I looked on it but I don't find it very good. He's gonna drive the car around the town, and he said he would prefer the tires to be as quiet as possible.

Check out tirerack.com
Chris914n6
He will never hear the tires over the sounds of the engine.
rmdinmd
You might find some helpful info in this thread. smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=287899&hl=
papajohn123
QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 20 2017, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 08:20 AM) *

Check out tirerack.com

I've actually heard about this website on some other forums, I'll definitely take a look. Thank you for the answer! smile.gif
papajohn123
QUOTE(rmdinmd @ May 20 2017, 01:50 PM) *

You might find some helpful info in this thread. smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=287899&hl=

Thanks, I'll bookmark it and read it later today, as right now I'm really tired. Your help is greatly appreciated! smile.gif
papajohn123
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 20 2017, 01:26 PM) *

He will never hear the tires over the sounds of the engine.

I have to admit, it's a little bit on the loud side, haha, but, to be honest, I really like that. Loud engines are the best of the best. biggrin.gif
87m491
Hit up discount tire direct. A number of offerings for ~$200, some less, a set (195 60 15) delivered. Memorial Day sale with lot's of rebates, no taxes and free shipping. I've had very good luck there over the years.

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 05:20 AM) *

Larmo63
Click to view attachment
papajohn123
QUOTE(87m491 @ May 23 2017, 06:41 AM) *

Hit up discount tire direct. A number of offerings for ~$200, some less, a set (195 60 15) delivered. Memorial Day sale with lot's of rebates, no taxes and free shipping. I've had very good luck there over the years.

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 05:20 AM) *

Thank you for the reply! He's gonna go ahead and go to tire direct. Thank you again for the help!
papajohn123
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 23 2017, 08:16 AM) *

sad.gif I'm sorry for this, but I don't really know much about cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.