Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What tires to buy?
papajohn123
post May 20 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,031
Region Association: South America

Hello everyone! I'm doing this for a friend, as he has just received a 76' 914 2.0 from his family & friends for his birthday. Needless to say, he's very happy, but he wants to mod the car a little bit, and he also needs new tires. Now I'm not really into tires, I know next to nothing about them, but I said I'd help him any way I can. He said he searched the internet for good guides, and he came across this website: holmesTire . I looked on it but I don't find it very good. He's gonna drive the car around the town, and he said he would prefer the tires to be as quiet as possible.
Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stevend914
post May 20 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 08:20 AM) *

Hello everyone! I'm doing this for a friend, as he has just received a 76' 914 2.0 from his family & friends for his birthday. Needless to say, he's very happy, but he wants to mod the car a little bit, and he also needs new tires. Now I'm not really into tires, I know next to nothing about them, but I said I'd help him any way I can. He said he searched the internet for good guides, and he came across this website: holmesTire . I looked on it but I don't find it very good. He's gonna drive the car around the town, and he said he would prefer the tires to be as quiet as possible.

Check out tirerack.com
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post May 20 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

He will never hear the tires over the sounds of the engine.
+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post May 20 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,585
Region Association: South East States

You might find some helpful info in this thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=287899&hl=
+Quote Post
papajohn123
post May 23 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(stevend914 @ May 20 2017, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 08:20 AM) *

Check out tirerack.com

I've actually heard about this website on some other forums, I'll definitely take a look. Thank you for the answer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
papajohn123
post May 23 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(rmdinmd @ May 20 2017, 01:50 PM) *

Thanks, I'll bookmark it and read it later today, as right now I'm really tired. Your help is greatly appreciated! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
papajohn123
post May 23 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 20 2017, 01:26 PM) *

He will never hear the tires over the sounds of the engine.

I have to admit, it's a little bit on the loud side, haha, but, to be honest, I really like that. Loud engines are the best of the best. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
87m491
post May 23 2017, 06:41 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

Hit up discount tire direct. A number of offerings for ~$200, some less, a set (195 60 15) delivered. Memorial Day sale with lot's of rebates, no taxes and free shipping. I've had very good luck there over the years.

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 05:20 AM) *

+Quote Post
Larmo63
post May 23 2017, 08:16 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

Attached Image
+Quote Post
papajohn123
post May 28 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(87m491 @ May 23 2017, 06:41 AM) *

Hit up discount tire direct. A number of offerings for ~$200, some less, a set (195 60 15) delivered. Memorial Day sale with lot's of rebates, no taxes and free shipping. I've had very good luck there over the years.

QUOTE(papajohn123 @ May 20 2017, 05:20 AM) *

Thank you for the reply! He's gonna go ahead and go to tire direct. Thank you again for the help!
+Quote Post
papajohn123
post May 28 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 23 2017, 08:16 AM) *

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I'm sorry for this, but I don't really know much about cars.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:47 PM