Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Say a prayer for my son
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Qarl
If you can spare a moment, say a prayer for my son Hunter tonight.

Hunter is having contracture release surgery tomorrow morning (early) to release the muscle spasticity (tightness) in his right hip and both of his feet. The surgery is 3 hours, plus time to put both of his legs in casts.

For those of you that don't know, my son Hunter is just over 3 years old. He is severely disabled due to a traumatic birth injury and has severe brain damage, cerebral palsy, seizure disorder, spasticity issues, feeding issues, a trach, etc.

He's a tough little guy and he's been through a lot his entire life. This surgery will be very difficult for him.

I'll let everyone know how he's doing tomorrow night.

Thanks!

Karl Ellzey
EdwardBlume
My wife and I will pray for you tonight. God bless you and your family, and watch over you!
vortrex
hang in there!
elmonte
Your son and family will be in our prayers and thoughts
All the best from my wife and I.
Kerrys914
God bless and I hope things go well

Cheers
Kerry
DNHunt
I will prayer for God's blessings for your son and your family

Dave
ninefourteener
May you, your family, and especially your son, make it through this.

Children are the greatest gift that anyone can ever recieve.

My daughter and I will pray for you

Best wishes, Sincerely

Matt and Paige
Aaron Cox
my prayers are with you....
VegasRacer
We will be praying for you and your family.

May God give precious Hunter strength as He guides the surgeons hands tomorrow.
JWest
We'll definitely be praying for Hunter, Karl. Thanks for including us in your time of concern, and may God lay healing hands on your sweet son.

James, Ginger, Cassie, and Weston.
street legal go-kart
my prayers are with both you and your family
we all feel like we got the short end of the stick once in a while
NOT!
i was feeling lonely because my boy is away at camp
give your boy a hug for me dance.gif and ill talk to god in a bit

jt
Chris H.
May God Bless Hunter and your family Karl. Count on 3 more for the prayer chain up here in Chicago.

Chris H.
seanery
You're both in my prayers tonite.
GaroldShaffer
Your son & family are in our prayers.

Garold, Julie & Nathan Shaffer
tat2dphreak
I wish only the best for your son and family.

My prayers are with you.
KaptKaos
Karl,

May God bless you and yours.

- Joe
TimT
My thoughts are with Hunter and, and your family..

there is strength in numbers, and the family you have supporting you is way larger than you think..
ChrisReale
Karl,
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. All of the good will you have bestowed on this community will come back to you and your family.
Bleyseng
I hope all goes well for Hunter, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Geoff
rick 918-S
The important things in life are the love of family and friends. Thank you for including us. Your a kind and thoughtful man. You have demonstrated your caring and generosity here in the past. Were with you in the little support we can offer.
Dave Cawdrey
Karl,

We are at opposite ends of the country, but like you said to me one time "I consider you my brother...", I feel like part of the family.

May God, Allah, Buddah, or whom ever is up there take care of you and yours. Give Hunter and your wife my best .

(you too!)

smilie_rolli_1.gif
MarkV
Karl,

God bless you and your family.
nine14cats
To Hunter, Karl and Family,

Our prayers and thoughts are with you. God Bless.

The Pickering Family (Bill, Doris, Brandon, Megan, Kari and Kyle)
Scott Carlberg
God BLESS Hunter Ellzey, and the entire Ellzey family.
914Timo
I hope things go well. God bless you and your son & family.

Timo & Lotta
Qarl
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

It's 4:30 am. I'm up to start getting ready for the day to get my little guy to the hospital by 6:00 am.

Again, thanks...

Karl
rhodyguy
i had no idea. i will get out my old worry beads and finger polish each one a few times for hunter.

kevin
dagdal1967
Hang in there dude!

Lots of positive thoughts and energy coming your way!

Let us know how it goes!

Doug
machina
Karl,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Godspeed to Hunter.

David, Betty, and Karen
si2t3m
Prayers are on the way.

Good bless to Hunter and your familly.

Marc-André, Johanne, Marie-Emanuelle & Simon.
maf914
Karl,

My thoughts are with Hunter, you and your family. I hope things go well today.

Mike
jtf914
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there.
jfort
May the positive feelings of this group, its thoughts and prayers, swing things in Hunter's favor!
tryan
may God work his magic through your surgeons hands today. my thoughts, prayers and faith are with your son.

keep your chin up and be proud of your son. he's a fighter.
Demick
Karl

When I try and imagine the strength it must take on a daily basis to be in yours, your wifes, or your sons position in makes me feel like a very weak person. Sure, we all have our own problems and challenges, but some of us are just plain dealt a worse hand than others. My thoughts and prayers are with your son and your family.

Here on this board, we all share a common interest in these silly little cars. We are all involved with them in slightly different ways (racing, concours, history, restoration, maintenance, repair, conversions, big and little projects, etc). But for many of us here, or perhaps most of us, it is a source of escape from some of the realities of life. It provides us with a kind of pleasure that we don't find elsewhere. I think I now understand why your 914 project is one of the biggest projects of anyone here.

God Bless
Demick
Anton
Karl,

I wish your son a good surgeon and an uneventful recovery!

Anton
airsix
Karl,
Regardless of any bantering between us in the past, know that I truely believe that our Father in Heaven placed Hunter in your care because you were the right man for the job - I mean to say this special child needed special care and God chose you to provide it and that is quite a compliment.

I will pray for your son's safety and comfort, and for peace and comfort to you and the other members of your family.

Best regards,
Ben M.
Jenny
karl,

A little late in catching the thread. I hope all went well with little Hunter's surgery. We're all pulling for him. Please keep us posted in his recovery. My thoughts will be with your family...

Jen
GWN7
All the best to your family this day.

Bruce
SirAndy
smilie_wirdgut.gif

Andy
Greg Silva
Karl, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. All the best from here in the desert. Greg and Les Silva.
krk
Karl,

I've joined late (just returned to CA today) but let me add my best hopes for you and your family. I've returned from an 80th Bday and a funeral. Looking after those you love is the right thing to be doing.

kim.
Rouser
Your son will be in our prayers and I hope for a speedy recovery.
Qarl
Again everyone... thanks for the positive thoughts.

I've returned home 11 hours later to check the dog.. and walk the mail... You know what I mean... sheez am I tired.

Surgery went as expected... 3 hours. His hip release went smooth. His "easy" foot was complicated to operate on and his "challenging" foot was a breeze for the surgeon... so it evened out.

He was checked in to Special Care at the hospital and may come home tomorrow night or Friday.

Again... thanks for everyones thoughts and caring messages.

I used to belong to several "support groups" on the internet for parents of children like my son... but I've strayed away. Same old crap regurgetated every few months.

This is my new support group. My 914 is my personal therapy. My life is an extreme on a daily basis, so I must take some of my passions (i.e., 914s) to the extreme as well to even things out.

As many have said... this group is an escape for many of us... myself included. I escape to my computer to wee hours of the morning to see what's posted, what's new, what deals are to be found, and what everyone is up to.

Airsix... I don't take our bantering seriously...everything is in good fun and for the betterment and enjoyment of all contributing members. I enjoy the occasional exchange between member. It keeps things lively. Here's one for good measure! splat.gif

I hope to meet some of you sometimes. I know many of you just by a few pictures or a group name. It took me 6 months to find out Rouser's name was Roy (although it took some coaxing for him to tell me). He still wanted to be called Rouser.

Brad is not the A-hole he professes to be. Underneath that bootyshake.gif is someone who really wants to help everyone with their additiction... err... 914 hobby. Brad is head psychiatrist for our insane little group.

Regards,

Karl
tryan
glad everything went okay. take a little nap. dream a little dream.
jtf914
Great news!!

clap56.gif beerchug.gif
Jeff Bonanno
Karl,

I've been thinking about you and your family since your post. Hope the recovery goes well.

Jeff
ein 6er
karl,

i wasn't online yesterday, so i missed the prayers.

glad everything went as expected.

keep the faith!!

doug
morgan
Gods speed to you all
John pray.gif
Aaron Cox
glad to hear that it went smoothly. glad we could be of support when you needed some. icon22_2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.