Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru/914 on Jalopnik
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Keyser Sose

I'd need to change those seats, but $23,500? 250hp? Hell yeah!
http://jalopnik.com/at-23-500-is-the-selle...72-p-1795719009

IPB Image

Front yard mechanic
Like the video says " if you've done your research this is how there done" thanks World bye1.gif
csdilligaf
If who ever buys it and wants to change out those seats let me have first dibs on them!
arne
Posted here on the World, too. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=311041
flmont
I think that cutting that much out of those fenders may weaken that front console ,if you run it hard... alot
matthepcat
That's Bob's old car(Bigkat83). He is one of the best water cooled car builders on 914world.
Mueller
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 2 2017, 04:53 PM) *

I think that cutting that much out of those fenders may weaken that front console ,if you run it hard... alot

V8 conversions with 400+ hp and running slicks have been doing this for 20 years, never heard of an issue.
Big Len
I think the price was right on.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 2 2017, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 2 2017, 04:53 PM) *

V8 conversions with 400+ hp and running slicks have been doing this for 20 years, never heard of an issue.

I agree. There is hardly any load in that area. The only way that you will see any flex in that area is if you lifted the front end from one corner directly under the light assembly. The load path from the wheel goes into the strut tower not through the fender skin.

BIGKAT_83
Seller did a good job with the ad, The car is just as listed. All I see different is the steering wheel and gear knob from when I had it.
The color of the car is Olympic blue a later model Porsche color (73&74). The large wheel openings were on the car when I got it. I changed it to the Subaru from a SBC V8.
The seats are not Scheel but are Corbeau's. My wife and I went on a 6hr drive and we both commented that the seats were very comfortable at the first gas stop.
If anyone is interested in the car I'll be glad to answer any ?????

Bob
Chris H.
I drove that car a while back. Turn key for sure. Ran great, sounded great. The seats were really nice. Not a huge fan of the shifter extension thing, but you can go back to something more standard for just a few $. Toyota threads, so there are thousands of choices.
porschetub
Not my thing but you have to look @ how sharp the car is,hope its skin deep??,would be a blast to drive,don't think the seller is off too far with the price...not like these conversions are easy.
Mueller
I too don't think he is far out of line on the price.

For some people he has made the car better, for others worse or they are indifferent and if you fall into the later group find another car to look at.

I'm glad he is not "giving" the car away, remember this is asking price and the more he gets it indirectly benefits more of us here.
Chris H.
agree.gif As I stand in my garage trying to get the MS working right I would agree on the price thing. The HOURS you spend getting the car right...it's a lot.

Lesson here is if Bob is selling something it's probably a good deal. Even after the sale he helped the guy with a couple of small things. BTW Bob is thinking about selling his orange car now. A wide bodied car with a 383. It's a well-mannered beast that is in the process of getting a Boxster trans. If you're thinking about a conversion that'd be a great one to have.
914forme
I have contacted the seller about this car, I would love to have it. drooley.gif over this car a long time. Issue would be I would be giving up my conversion. Nice thing would be I would be driving.gif in short order. Which would save mileage on my ML320. and more than likely the 914 would pull as good of mileage numbers as my ML does being it is a diesel, I get high 20s out of it on my commute.

Wonder what all I will need to sale to get this one. dry.gif
andys
A BIGKAT 83 built car is the only endorsement necessary. Bob's stuff is good as gold.

Andys
Larmo63
Did I miss the mention of wheels, tires, suspension upgrades in the above ad? I think it would be important to mention?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.