Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coloradocurt
On a 914-6 conversion which will be running headers (instead of heat exchangers), (1) are there covers available to block off the outlets from the engine cover for the heater flex-tubes which would be used if there were going to be heat exchangers, and (2) covers to close off the holes in the engine tin on both sides where those flex hoses would be routed down to the heat exchangers?
And an alternative on that 2nd question, is anyone offering those engine tin with no holes for a much cleaner application?
Thanks,
Curt
mepstein
Most of the conversion tin does not have the holes for the heat like the factory tin. It sounds a little cheesy but caps from spray cans fit really well on the outlets. A hose clap keeps them tight. You really don't see it when the engines in. Paint them body color if you really want them to disappear. You can get fan tin without an outlet for heat. Pelican sells it.
TravisNeff
I got mine from rennspeed on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-Fiberg...4ng&vxp=mtr
patssle
Spend $100 or make your own cap. I made my own...see in background. Piece of metal with sides folded down and metal tape wrapped around it.

Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jun 3 2017, 01:19 PM) *

Yes but the RH one fits really badly ...got suckered ,HUGE waste of money.they said send it back....real handy when you are half a world away headbang.gif headbang.gif .
Yes you can just block off the outlets but there are gains in cooling by fitting the right blockoff's.
TravisNeff
Hmm mine seem ok. One needs a touch of trimming.
wndsnd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 2 2017, 07:44 PM) *

Most of the conversion tin does not have the holes for the heat like the factory tin. It sounds a little cheesy but caps from spray cans fit really well on the outlets. A hose clap keeps them tight. You really don't see it when the engines in. Paint them body color if you really want them to disappear. You can get fan tin without an outlet for heat. Pelican sells it.

I second the spray can caps. Cut bottom third off and push in. Touch up with undercoat or body color. Fit perfectly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.