Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Root's just bought Skyline's 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Root_Werks
We will be arriving around 9AM at the airport. Scott will be picking us up. Anyone up for some breakfast before we head out?

Criag, up for a stop at CAMP on the way up? Anyone else? boldblue.gif driving.gif

skline
There are a lot of club memebers between here and there. You may want to have little get togethers at different locations.
skline
Breakfast here, lunch up by Howards place or late lunch in San Jose area, then up to Fresno and beyond.
Root_Werks
I'll leave it up to this thread to determine our stops before Friday afternoon. Otherwise, we blast on through CA and OR! driving.gif
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif

cool man!! great score!!
SirAndy
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 12 2005, 09:05 AM)
I'll leave it up to this thread to determine our stops before Friday afternoon.

you could swing by the shop in palo alto on friday afternoon and help working on my car ...
or swing by for the AX in alameda on saturday!

boldblue.gif Andy
skline
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 12 2005, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 12 2005, 09:05 AM)
I'll leave it up to this thread to determine our stops before Friday afternoon.

you could swing by the shop in palo alto on friday afternoon and help working on my car ...
or swing by for the AX in alameda on saturday!

boldblue.gif Andy

There ya go Dan, go to Alameda and unload all your stuff and kick some Nor Cal bottoms in a nice little AX. You will have the car to do it with.
Jenny
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 12 2005, 08:54 AM)
We will be arriving around 9AM at the airport.

Who's we? Got a mouse in your pocket? wolfgang.gif

Jen biggrin.gif
skline
Dan and his Wife Michelle will be flying out and driving it back together. Kind of a family type thing. wub.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Jenny @ May 12 2005, 08:15 AM)
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 12 2005, 08:54 AM)
We will be arriving around 9AM at the airport.

Who's we? Got a mouse in your pocket? wolfgang.gif

Jen biggrin.gif

Wife, Michelle. Also a Porsche owner. biggrin.gif

idea.gif Hmm, an AX on the way home.....Hmm. happy11.gif
skline
I can see it now,
(Dan)"Honey, hold all this stuff and watch me beat up these Nor Cal folks with our new car"

(Michelle) "You better not break anything!!"
Mueller
how about an early dinner in the Bay Area...what time do you plan on leaving So-Cal?

Jenny
If you stay for the AX, surely you'll stay for dinner afterwards?

Jen
pete-stevers
That 's great dan.... got another project....how much time before you...uh... fix it...er..... i mean Six it biggrin.gif
anthony
You can't find other restoration candidates closer than 1200 miles away??? biggrin.gif

Howard
In the true spirit of the club: beerchug.gif

Dan, you paid too much.
Scott, you sold too cheap.
The stripe is ugly.
I have a better one I would have sold for less.
I sold a worse POS for a lot more.

smilie_pokal.gif Congrat's on the deal. We keep another one in the family.

Mueller
QUOTE (anthony @ May 12 2005, 09:30 AM)
You can't find other restoration candidates closer than 1200 miles away??? biggrin.gif

My thought excactly...I'm tired of seeing these 914's leave California biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 12 2005, 08:42 AM)
You can't find other restoration candidates closer than 1200 miles away???  :D

My thought excactly...I'm tired of seeing these 914's leave California biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Trust me, I looked around here, money in hand, no one wanted to sell I guess? One sold, couple no call-backs, others were junk.

Honestly, after we grab the car from Scott, have a visit and some chowtime.gif , we will head out. It is a long drive and any stops probably won't be that long. But it would be nice to maybe plan something in Northern CA if anyone is interested? Maybe a dinner type thing?

lagunero
what airport? The Duke's? breakfast at Scott's? is Joe cooking?
anthony
What day are you driving up? There's a PCA autocross in Alameda on Saturday and 914 club dinner afterwards at Chevy's (probably around 6 or 7pm).

maf914
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 12 2005, 08:42 AM)
You can't find other restoration candidates closer than 1200 miles away???  :D

Yeah, sure... You Cali guys say that, then you post pictures of the sawzall party when you can't sell it! sawzall-smiley.gif laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
say the words and we socal-ers will have a big ass breakfast gathering for you.

scott/alberto/joe sharp/buckle - where is a good breakfast spot?
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 12 2005, 09:20 AM)
say the words and we socal-ers will have a big ass breakfast gathering for you.

scott/alberto/joe sharp/buckle - where is a good breakfast spot?

Word! laugh.gif Sounds like a blast and a great send off! chowtime.gif driving.gif
Aaron Cox
OC john wayne airport????

skline is a mile north of there.....
joe sharp- hows breakfast at the coupe?
Root_Werks
QUOTE (lagunero @ May 12 2005, 08:57 AM)

Orange County (SNA) at 8:57AM. Scott is going to pick us up. Pick a spot for a get together for a 914club breakfast. chowtime.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 12 2005, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (lagunero @ May 12 2005, 08:57 AM)

Orange County (SNA) at 8:57AM. Scott is going to pick us up. Pick a spot for a get together for a 914club breakfast. chowtime.gif

on it like a fat kid on cake....or mike z on teekillya biggrin.gif

SLITS
Well Dan, I would tell you to bring some Sixer sheetmetal with ya to help fund your trip, but it would set off all the alarms at the airport and besides, I haven't obtained my 4.4 engine yet. rolleyes.gif

And Howie is correct!
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 12 2005, 09:29 AM)
OC john wayne airport????

skline is a mile north of there.....
joe sharp- hows breakfast at the coupe?

Yep, that's the one! Checking the forecast to see if it will be top off driving. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (skline @ May 12 2005, 08:03 AM)
Breakfast here, lunch up by Howards place or late lunch in San Jose area, then up to Fresno and beyond.

You must be looking at a different map than the rest of us, 'cause Fresno is about 3-3.5 hrs SE of San Jose on the maps most of us use ............................. The Cap'n
skline
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ May 12 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (skline @ May 12 2005, 08:03 AM)

You must be looking at a different map than the rest of us, 'cause Fresno is about 3-3.5 hrs SE of San Jose on the maps most of us use ............................. The Cap'n

No, wasnt looking at a map, I am stupid, plain and simple. Have no clue about what is where in NorCal. For all I know, they will hit Portland before they hit San Francisco. I dont get out much. cool.gif
JoeSharp
I'm up for it the Chicken Coop opens at 9am, but they will seeat you and pour for you after 7am.
biggrin.gif Joe
ewdysar
I'm up for breakfast Saturday. Got to be back in Pasadena before noon.

Where's the Coop?
skline
Its down on Old Newport Blvd down around Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ May 12 2005, 12:08 PM)
Its down on Old Newport Blvd down around Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach

How about and address damnit!!!!
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif Cool! Don't forget it will take a few minutes to get out of the airport. Should be set a time say, 9:30?

I can try to look it up, anybody got a zip for that area?
lagunero
gotcha Slits

Chicken Coop. 414 Old Newport Blvd. Newport Beach, CA 92663. Phone 949-645-6086
Kinda where the 55 ends at PCH

Cap'n Krusty
If you're heading north on the 101 from LA, then you NEED to have lunch with the Cap'n. From there, it's a 4 hour trip to the bay area and the eager awaiting crowd of 914 crazies. If you're heading up the 5, may God rest your soul! One word for the 5: BORING! The Cap'n
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ May 12 2005, 11:54 AM)
If you're heading north on the 101 from LA, then you NEED to have lunch with the Cap'n. From there, it's a 4 hour trip to the bay area and the eager awaiting crowd of 914 crazies. If you're heading up the 5, may God rest your soul! One word for the 5: BORING! The Cap'n

laugh.gif Yeah, we have been thinking of hitting 101. Might even swing by and visit Dave(GPR).

Oh Scott, I just ordered flares for your....my 914. happy11.gif
tat2dphreak
I just want to say how happy I am that another good car escaped California without being cut up during a BBQ wink.gif dry.gif
anthony
Who thinks Skline should change his ID to Skyline? It sounds catchy!
skline
Flares???? You dont like the stock look? Are they at least metal?

And we dont cut cars up at BBQ's, we do that seperately. Dont want any rust in the food. biggrin.gif

And no, the name will remain the same, if I change it to anything it would be V8Chalon! driving.gif
sportlicherFahrer
idea.gif there are a few members up here as well. I for one wouldn't mind meeting some more of the club thats around here. If I had the cash, I'd be temped to cruise down and back for the hell of it. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
shit...piss....damn..... (my tourrettes....)

i have to teach a CPR recert. class to incoming lifeguards..... at 8am i believe. sad.gif
ewdysar
Aaron,

Come on, make it a quick class. You could be outa there by 8:15.
Step 1 - Call 911, Step 2 - return to checking out hot chicks. cool_shades.gif

Just kidding, I know it's serious, I was a lifeguard for LA County '78 thru '80.

Eric
Aaron Cox
Dan, can we make it a lunch? idea.gif
skline
Well, if he gets in at 9, gets out of the airport around 9:20, we get to my house around 9:30, he puts all his stuff in the car we could be at Zubies around 9:48 realisitcally. You know however it nevers goes that smooth. I would bet it would be closer to 10 or a little after. Then order breakfast, eat, chat and by the time he gets out of there and on the road, it will be close to 11:15 or so. Lets see how close I am when it really happens. Dan, I will adjust the valves and change the oil and you will have a full tank of gas when you pick the car up so it will be ready to go.
Allan
If you take the fast track and come up I-5, let me know and I can meet you to give you those H/E's I said I'd send. rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
Im in again!!!!

lol....rescheduled my class.
good to go. biggrin.gif

so... when and where?
skline
Sunday at 5 in the afternoon at Hooters in Anaheim laugh.gif
skline
Hehehe, not really, Saturday at 10 at Zubies in Newport Beach, You know where it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.