Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got zoomed and my car was parked
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Joe Bob
QUOTE (black73 @ May 12 2005, 05:35 PM)
Can someone explain to me what this is all about? It seems 911 owner hate 914s. 914 owners hate 944s etc. But mustang guys are Ford loyal all the way. Vette owners are chevy to the bone. Porsche owners are the only ones I know that act this way. Who cares which one is the "best", they are all great!

We hate everybody...unless we sit down and there is a bottle of tekillya in front of us.....then we just hate MOPARS.....
Brando
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 13 2005, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (black73 @ May 12 2005, 05:35 PM)
Can someone explain to me what this is all about? It seems 911 owner hate 914s. 914 owners hate 944s etc. But mustang guys are Ford loyal all the way. Vette owners are chevy to the bone. Porsche owners are the only ones I know that act this way. Who cares which one is the "best", they are all great!

We hate everybody...unless we sit down and there is a bottle of tekillya in front of us.....then we just hate MOPARS.....

and JDM... dry.gif

... or JDR as we call it... (Japcrap Domestic Rice).
Allan
Is it me? Or does everyone know that the only difference between a porcupine and a 911 is that the porcupine has the pricks on the outside? But really, I drove an MG for 3 years while I was living in England and it was the same between us and the guy's that had the latest Alfa, Lotus or Rover. Ya gotta love the car!!!
MecGen
Hey
The last 914 I crossed on the road, we stopped and talked for an hour ar15.gif
Guess its not the same when Porsches are everywhere,
in my winter wonderland, your lucky to see another 914.
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
anthony
The difference here is what I'd call "car people" and people that just buy cars that happen to be Porsches. Car people tend to like and appreciate all kinds of cool cars even if they settle on one brand/model to own. People that post here are car people, people that buy new Boxsters and 997s aren't necessarily car people. Don't feel bad if they don't wave.

Brando
QUOTE (anthony @ May 13 2005, 04:06 PM)
The difference here is what I'd call "car people" and people that just buy cars that happen to be Porsches. Car people tend to like and appreciate all kinds of cool cars even if they settle on one brand/model to own. People that post here are car people, people that buy new Boxsters and 997s aren't necessarily car people. Don't feel bad if they don't wave.

Most new Boxster or 911 owners I flash or wave to on the road give me a nice big finger.gif

I tend to lump them into the category of "too much money to want a hondah, not enough class to own a lambo"
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Headrage @ May 13 2005, 04:02 PM)
Is it me? Or does everyone know that the only difference between a porcupine and a 911 is that the porcupine has the pricks on the outside?  But really, I drove an MG for 3 years while I was living in England and it was the same between us and the guy's that had the latest Alfa, Lotus or Rover.  Ya gotta love the car!!!

The new joke has an OH shit answer.....

What's the diff between an air cooled Porsche and a Porcupine?

NOTHING...both are endangered.....

save your cars.....cause no one else but the yuppies will......
mharrison

agree.gif Enjoy the car people you meet and ignore the people who just bought cars that happen to be Porsches. OR, we can take the time to try and turn them into CAR PEOPLE. I love a teener, I'm a bit of a purist (come on, a radiator? WTF??) , but my sisters new Carrera is A BLAST to drive, The Boxter looks like it would be a ball, Hell, I just like a nice automobile.
redshift
911 Wave: driving.gif © 2002 Sammy

M
red914
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ May 12 2005, 05:56 PM)
... and 914 guys hate rust...

and we have never had a more tireless foe. not that it has no tires, but that it doesn't get tired... oh, i give up
SGB
What makes a water-pumper Porche owner different from a Chebby owner is that the Porsche owner has A HELL OF A GOOD [modern] CAR (no matter what the person is like). mad.gif
Ctrout
The 914 was the first car that I ever recognized. I saw one when I was 14 and wanted it immediately. I got the book "Porsches for the Road" and dreamed about that white 914 for two years. Then my parents picked up a 1978 Mustang II (pinto) for $600 for me. I loved that car and forgot all about 914s and P-cars in general for nearly 20 years. I have owned 5 Mustangs during that period ('65 coupe, '66 conv, '84 hatch, '92 coupe). After I sold the '92 I started wanting a sporty car again and was dead set on an X 1/9 until the X guys all told me how hard they are to keep running and find parts for. I started actively looking for a Fiero. My boss, (a Boxster owner) told me to buy a Porsche, any Porsche, so I started looking and found that most of the classics are very affordable. Drove a 944 n/a and was very impressed. Bottom line, I love cars. I flash my lights at any car that I respect. (regularly wave to a guy with a trashed, multi-colored TR-6). Can't we all just get along?
redshift
I am on the main route to food, from Roebling, and for the first time, I am seeing weekends where 1-2 914s, and 5-6 911 with meatballs pass the shop..

A couple 911 guys have stopped to look, and once one of them even acknowledged the fact that they parked next to another Porsche, with a "Hmm.."..

chair.gif

That's alright, I still got my guitar... -solos-..

M
mike_the_man
QUOTE (scott thacher @ May 12 2005, 02:28 PM)
and the fact that he thought i was insulting his car he HAD to prove it was better is not my fault

Just like you had to prove that Canadians always run away from a fight? biggrin.gif

Oh never mind, I'm kinda drunk! wacko.gif

scotty914
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ May 14 2005, 01:34 AM)

Just like you had to prove that Canadians always run away from a fight? biggrin.gif

huh confused24.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Sammy @ May 12 2005, 03:02 PM)
I hang out with 914 owners, and 911 owners as well. For the most part they are no different.

Yeah, me too and neither group likes us. laugh.gif
mike_the_man
QUOTE (scott thacher @ May 14 2005, 06:42 AM)
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ May 14 2005, 01:34 AM)

Just like you had to prove that Canadians always run away from a fight?  :D

huh confused24.gif

Never mind, too much beer last night. beer3.gif icon8.gif biggrin.gif
black73
QUOTE (red914 @ May 13 2005, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ May 12 2005, 05:56 PM)
... and 914 guys hate rust...

and we have never had a more tireless foe. not that it has no tires, but that it doesn't get tired... oh, i give up

Are you trying to say rust never sleeps?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.