Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any simple solutions to through hood gas fill?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
eric914
QUOTE(Marek @ Dec 4 2017, 11:27 PM) *

Hi Tom
Sorry I just noticed your message

We are almost ready with the kit , it will be ready before christmas .. this year :-)
Its the same cap as Chief have used ( its the kit I am making for 911 )

its just a simple plug and play kit , no welding needed !!!!
I know what you are thinking , but wait and see ... stay tune

Marek

Marek, let me know when they are ready:)
Rand
Simply a curious question: Why?
For real, after you think it through? Are you building a GT replica? I guess you answered that in your first post. But if that's all, then the real "why" still stands. It's just not practical, introduces a LOT of problems, and isn't cool in any way unless it's a GT clone that needs a fast fill on the track. But my $.01 is just that. Unless you have a real reason, it's a hood hack that will bite you seriously hard later.

Having said that, do to your car what makes you happy. I've done a ton of mods to previous cars that I wouldn't do again to the current/next ones. We all go through the phases. But today, 914s need to be taken more seriously before modding because of their appreciating value.
theer
Rand,

In my case it's intended for a track, only car. We do endurance races, so ease of re-filling with jugs is important. Water infiltration and theft of fuel cap are not major concerns.

Vroom-vroom,

Tom

Rand
QUOTE(theer @ Dec 5 2017, 10:33 AM) *

Rand,

In my case it's intended for a track, only car. We do endurance races, so ease of re-filling with jugs is important. Water infiltration and theft of fuel cap are not major concerns.

Vroom-vroom,

Tom

In that case, just hole drill into a fiberglass or carbon lid because you won't want to use the steel or worry about finish/waterproofing anyway! (I missed the importance of the question?)
Full respect. Just wanted to provoke thought. smile.gif
I will look forward to following your races if you share here.
beerchug.gif

EDIT: And Argh. Sorry, Tom, my reply was to the OP username "funk" which is a completely different scemario.
mb911

I will just give this little bit of thought to consider.. I buy, build cars for myself.. Thats what its all about.. For ourselves.. I think it looks neat. On the fence for myself but I personally don't care what others do to their cars. Its their car to do what they like with it..
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 5 2017, 02:22 PM) *

I will just give this little bit of thought to consider.. I buy, build cars for myself.. Thats what its all about.. For ourselves.. I think it looks neat. On the fence for myself but I personally don't care what others do to their cars. Its their car to do what they like with it..

agree.gif

IMO mod away!!!
ConeDodger
It’s on the list and I will definitely take a look at what Marek has to offer...
mepstein
I like the look but I probably won’t do it. Putting gas in the 911’s with a centerfill, at the shop, is a drag.
23e Heure
QUOTE(Marek @ Jun 10 2017, 07:41 PM) *

Hi guys

As I wrote in my for sale tread of the Hood pin kit

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=308364

We are working ( in final production ) on a "plug and play kit" with no welding requiered

I did the kit , most dealers sell like SMC, restoration design etc a good 5 years ago
http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/911-R...Kit-p25309.html

The kit will have the same Blau 110 mm cap and 5 hole fin

it will have the "dog bowl" overfill etc in basic all you need will be in the kit

To give you a idea how it works , you simply just screw it on ,
the kneck will have the correct angle to the hood and will line up at the same height

I cant show you all the secrets right now WTF.gif but you will like it for sure biggrin.gif

I will soon make a for sale tread ,we are just in final production packing these
,and we will be shipping these in august for sure , so dont spend all your cash on your girlfriend in the hollydays :-) priced ca at 350 EURO

Marek

Marek: Is your through the bonnet filler kit ready now?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jan 29 2018, 09:05 AM) *

Marek: Is your through the bonnet filler kit ready now?

+1
I have a race car project here that was supposed to get one of these.
theer
Hi Marek,

any progress on this?

Thanks, Tom
mb911
There is another member here on the forum that will be making kits very shortly. I will also be selling them on my site as well. They will be very cost effective..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.