QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2017, 10:40 AM) *
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 10 2017, 10:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 10 2017, 02:05 PM) *
I would be up for the 1st PNW semi annual 914 gathering
NWR!

NQPNWOWCACNNCOSCR
biggrin.gif
confused24.gif Is that German or English? sunglasses.gif

Not Quite Pacific North West Or West Coast And Certainly Not Nor Cal Or So Cal Ramble
cheer.gif
rhodyguy
SWWOTRBNCOWR.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 10 2017, 11:14 AM) *

SWWOTRBNCOWR.

Sheep With Wool Or Tropic Ramble But Not COW Ramble
idea.gif
rhodyguy
Some Where West Of The Rockies But Not California Or Washington Ramble. flag.gif
Larmo63
At some point, we need to get a west coast gathering together that unites as many 914s as possible to show the Euro guys we mean business. Have you seen how many cars they have at some of their meets?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2017, 12:11 PM) *
Have you seen how many cars they have at some of their meets?

Have you seen how close all of Europe is compared to even just the west coast?

A 8 hour drive in central Europe can easily take you through 2 or 3 countries ...
shades.gif
Larmo63
True, but we should at least try to get as many as possible.

I wonder how many are on jack stands in Europe vs on stands here?
Cracker
Yes. They look like an Oktennerfest gathering! piratenanner.gif

T

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2017, 03:21 PM) *

True, but we should at least try to get as many as possible.

I wonder how many are on jack stands in Europe vs on stands here?
rhodyguy
laguna seca 05'? lots-o-cars. campbell in 04' had a bunch. Fun times.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 10 2017, 01:00 PM) *

laguna seca 05'? lots-o-cars. campbell in 04' had a bunch.

agree.gif

I think we had over 70 cars at the one at Coyote Creek Golf Club in '04 ...
driving.gif
Chris914n6
Mammoth is a 5 hour drive, like most of Socal for me, easily do-able with a Thursday layover.
Portland is 16 hours, Medford is 12 IIRC, both warranted a sleepover adding 2 days to the trip. Doubled the cost with food and the days off.
Point being, I'm sure most of us have our practical limits. I don't think 2 west coast Rambles is going to hurt participation.
The SW has Rt66 and RRC, so it's not like we're lacking events. The Rambles just add nametags and bigger raffle prizes.
Andyrew
Mammoth was beautiful, but the costs was high and it was really (REALLY) difficult to keep it within budget.

I think Tahoe is probably a better choice to revisit.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2017, 11:11 AM) *

At some point, we need to get a west coast gathering together that unites as many 914s as possible to show the Euro guys we mean business. Have you seen how many cars they have at some of their meets?

That's what I was attempting.
We had a good turn out in the Dalles.
rhodyguy
Was that where we gathered for b-fast in 04'? Hard to keep all the years straight.
Andyrew
If we want to do a huge turnout we need to either do L.A. area or say Monterey.
ValcoOscar
A few members have stepped up to help so I WILL have Temecula 914 gathering this year after All. I will have a kick off meeting next Saturday, Jun 17 at the property to start planning. Anyone else willing to assist or make suggestions can send me a PM.

I will have on site accomadations for advertising venders of 914world on a first come basis.

I hava ample parking for trailers and RV's so stay tuned....

I will start a new thread after our initial kick off meeting.

aktion035.gif

Thank you all

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2017, 01:13 PM) *

agree.gif

driving.gif

And over fifty in '05. What happened to those big turn outs? How many were there this year?
Mike D.
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 11 2017, 06:49 AM) *

agree.gif

driving.gif

And over fifty in '05. What happened to those big turn outs? How many were there this year?

More events are splitting the crowd...
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 11 2017, 12:50 PM) *

agree.gif

driving.gif

Cars and coffee happens every week and draws hundreds of cars at each location across the nation...

More events dont split the crowd THAT much...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 11 2017, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 11 2017, 12:50 PM) *

agree.gif

driving.gif

Cars and coffee happens every week and draws hundreds of cars at each location across the nation...

More events dont split the crowd THAT much...

Not sure that is really a relevant comparison Andrew. C&C is a 3-4 hour event, usually within 15 miles of the participants home. It costs only gas money. By the way, I hold a C&C event in Sonoma at my shop every Second Sunday. So that was today.
I can go to C&C events and Yopu hardly notices I left. On occasion, she'll text me and ask where I went. "Oh! Get me a flat white!" lol-2.gif

Between the trailer rental. The hotel, our entries, the gas and the food that wasn't provided, I spent well over $1000 last weekend. 914 guys are notoriously cheap. Just look at the snarkiness when someone puts their car up for sale at what it's currently worth. OMG! I just don't see guys going to two different events in a single summer. We hadn't made it to Mammoth Scenic Drive on our way home before Yopu was on about a real vacation next. laugh.gif

I just don't think adding an event is a good idea. People don't go to events for a number of reasons. I wouldn't want to go North of Portland. Just don't want to drive that far. But I will drive to Southern California. Both my wife and I have relatives there. They've remarkably improved traffic there. There are lots of things to do. But if I went to either, I'm unlikely to do both.

I might Range further and more often after I retire but for now, more events take family time. I like my family time.
rhodyguy
Ok then. Oregon it is. If people want to talk mileage and $ hows this? Tacoma/to portland (1st night)/to Stockton(2nd night)/to Gilroy/to santa maria for lunch then to cammarillo(nights 3 and 4)/to Lancaster(night 5)/Lancaster to Weed or Shasta, can't remember (night 6)/ then the final day drive to tacoma. No truck. No trailer. ALL 914 seat time. I was in over $600 just for rooms to sleep in. Fuel $? California prices, no telling. Food is food. Never kept track. $1k is sort of punny. I got my taste of remarkably improved traffic when i went to Temecula. Memories of sour milk comes to mind.
Andyrew
Wait, you actually stayed in Stockton?

Your a brave, brave man. tongue.gif
rhodyguy
Close to the FW for a fast getaway. Safety in numbers. Do you remember the fuel pump fuse for the V-8? Multiple events don't split attendence if people don't plan on attending anyway.
JRust
Adding an event is no problem. A PNW event really isn't going to affect the number in a SoCal event. There won't be that many WA teeners who make the trip down to SoCal. Oregon guys will be limited as well. That may amount to a max of 5 teeners. Likewise for SoCal teeners coming up to WA. So I think we can drop that splitting events or even adding event's argument. If you don't or can't make the trip to one don't. People bail on event's every year last minute as well. All of our lives are busy & are in different places financially. I would love to make it out to Okteenerfest some year. I've been saying that going on 10 years now & haven't made it to one yet. Doesn't change my plan to get out there at some point.

More importantly Mike! You don't need to get permission. Plan it & see what your numbers are. The response will dictate if it happens again
76-914
This is shaping up to be a replay of last years WCR planning/bickering contest. shades.gif Therefor, I have no comment other than I will try to attend, wherever it is. If it ends up south I can lend a helping hand with whomever plans the event. Kent beerchug.gif
Mikey914
I was hoping to try to not have a conflict here. We had the event in Paso, the idea was to get bother LA and SFO traffic, we did, but not as much as we had hoped. SO we did MMH, and the turn out wasn't bad. but not massive numbers.

I do think that if you want to organize a socal event you should should. I'd attend and will support it too. But I do think that a PNW event would be worth a shot so I will put one together for this next year. Not using the WCR banner unless you want to wrap it in and call it WCR. Temecula looks great, so please if you want to host WCR put it together.
biggrin.gif
Rocky
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 12 2017, 07:49 AM) *

Wait, you actually stayed in Stockton?

Your a brave, brave man. tongue.gif

Hay I put made it through 2 years of grad school there. Only got my bike stolen twice
Larmo63
I only counted 17 cars at Mammoth.

I think 6 had issues/breakdowns at the event, btw.
warpig
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 12 2017, 03:37 PM) *

I was hoping to try to not have a conflict here. We had the event in Paso, the idea was to get bother LA and SFO traffic, we did, but not as much as we had hoped. SO we did MMH, and the turn out wasn't bad. but not massive numbers.

I do think that if you want to organize a socal event you should should. I'd attend and will support it too. But I do think that a PNW event would be worth a shot so I will put one together for this next year. Not using the WCR banner unless you want to wrap it in and call it WCR. Temecula looks great, so please if you want to host WCR put it together.
biggrin.gif

I am down with this.
There is no reason we can't do both every year,
I assume that lots of folks don't make it down south when the WCR is in SoCal (anywhere south of Weed) and lots of folks don't make it when it's north of Weed too. How about one in June and one in August or September? There is still time to put something together for this summer!!!!! I suggest the (PN)WCR-17 for a name if it needs one, or The Great Pacific Northwest 914 Weekend of Debauchery and Drunkenness, episode 1.
Count me in. piratenanner.gif
sb914
QUOTE(warpig @ Jun 12 2017, 09:08 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I am down with this.
There is no reason we can't do both every year,
I assume that lots of folks don't make it down south when the WCR is in SoCal (anywhere south of Weed) and lots of folks don't make it when it's north of Weed too. How about one in June and one in August or September? There is still time to put something together for this summer!!!!! I suggest the (PN)WCR-17 for a name if it needs one, or The Great Pacific Northwest 914 Weekend of Debauchery and Drunkenness, episode 1.
Count me in. piratenanner.gif

How about weed smoke.gif
rhodyguy
Count me in.
76-914

biggrin.gif

Oh, Hell no! I'm not over Rt 66 yet nor ready to do another one, yet. I was just saying if it ends up here I'd be happy to help. On the other hand, if it's held in the PNW I'll fly in. I'm good either way. beerchug.gif
green914
Wow!
PNW , auto-X in Medford, and WCR - they all sound like fun events. I will try and make all of them smile.gif and to anyone stepping up to organize I say, "Thank You."
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 13 2017, 07:51 AM) *

On the other hand, if it's held in the PNW I'll fly in.

I spoke with my wife the other day about a Portland area event for next years WCR, She said it sounded like fun and that we should fly in and stay a couple days extra. piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
If you've never been up coast, there's lots to do and see.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 13 2017, 09:34 AM) *

If you've never been up coast, there's lots to do and see.

agree.gif Been up to the PNW for four WCRs ( The Dalles,Portland, Seattle, Medford. best vacations ever ! I'll be flying up again
914_teener
Wait....so we.re not gonna call it COW plus C Ramble?

Thinking about flying up to OW if up there.

rhodyguy
OW?
914_teener
Oregon. .......Washington.

COW without Cali Kevin beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.