Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does anyone have a roller in northern va?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
i need to text fit this suby engine/trans cradle so i can determine where to place the trans hanger sections and orient it properly.
BeatNavy
Jim, I've got a '75 body up on a cart in my garage you're welcome to use as a guide. I'm missing one piece of engine shelving, as I haven't got around to that body section yet, but I would think it would work for your purposes.

If you're over at Rod's, I'm just down the road (if you remember).
jimkelly
rob, of course, thanks.

all the crazy avatars and screen names mixes the hell out of me and the region of my brain responsible for membering stuff : )

does your car have engine and trans mounts installed?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 21 2017, 10:05 AM) *

does your car have engine and trans mounts installed?

Ach! I have 3/4 of what you need. I have both trans mounts installed, but one of the engine mounts has yet to be installed as I replaced that upper wheelhouse (but have not yet put the mount back on). I DO have the mount I'm going to use (lying around somewhere), so if you think we can clamp it in place for this purpose we can try that.
jimkelly
hum, should be still doable.

sample pic from under engine bay.
jimkelly
working on a jig.
jimkelly
got wooden jig set up for get rear mount points in place.

once i get this tacked up, i will take over to rob's to see how it fits to car.

i did have to hog out the front mount holes about a 1/4 inch outward on both, this is because my cross bar was a bit short and i had to weld a decent gap which must have pulled the whole cradle tight inward.
jimkelly
pic
BeatNavy
Looks good, Jim. My tub will be excited to be useful for something other than being a place for me to throw my crap smile.gif
jimkelly
looks good though i wish it were DEAD NUTS/SPOT ON measurement wise smile.gif

if i did not spend the past hour with rod drinking RONIN at crooked run brewery, i'd be at your house fitting my cradle beer.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 22 2017, 08:55 PM) *

looks good though i wish it were DEAD NUTS/SPOT ON measurement wise smile.gif

if i did not spend the past hour with rod drinking RONIN at crooked run brewery, i'd be at your house fitting my cradle beer.gif

I like crooked run beerchug.gif Especially with live music and tacos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.