Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FSS: Almost new Stainless 914-6 Heater Boxes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
greggearhead
EDIT - SOLD

These were apparently installed and used on a car for 500 miles, then removed for headers. Looking at the condition, that mileage seems correct.

New, these cost $2650 - $3k for the pair, plus shipping. These have a few small dents on the bottom of one box.

$1800 plus ship

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
Those are quite nice! GLWTS
euro911
agree.gif

I'd be all over those if I were planning a 6 conversion
Larmo63
Very nice deal here!!!!!!
Gint
Sent a PM Greg. I'll take them.
pete000
Nice buy !!!
greggearhead
Sold to Gint pending payment.
Gint
I'll might very well sell a decent pair of used stockers I have squirreled away. Watch this space...
Cracker
Are you sure they are stainless? I tried but could not source stainless units...what brand are they?

Tony
Cracker
Are you sure they are stainless? I tried but could not source stainless units...what brand are they?

Tony
greggearhead
I believe they are Dansk, and are the only OEM type ones made. In stainless.
Cracker
I purchashed a new set from Dansk recently...your set appears to be very special - unicorn if you will. In speaking with them directly, they did not make them in stainless.

●Maybe you have a prototype set..pretty cool if that is the case●

Tony
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jun 24 2017, 10:22 AM) *

I purchashed a new set from Dansk recently...your set appears to be very special - unicorn if you will. In speaking with them directly, they did not make them in stainless.

Tony

Tubing is stainless steel and the heater boxes are galvanized steel very nice for the price.

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-914/atte...gers-available/

bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 24 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Tony

Tubing is stainless steel and the heater boxes are galvanized steel very nice for the price.

To my knowledge the original boxes the steel through. The repro Dansk are SS tubes.
" The key difference here, however, is that the new pieces are crafted of 4026 stainless steel tubing with galvanized steel stamped heat boxes."
Cracker
Mike,

I was only concerned about the boxes - no issue with the pipes. Thank you for the clarification...congratulations Gint!

Tony

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 24 2017, 03:53 PM) *

Tony

IronHillRestorations
It's my understanding the stock HE's (which these appear to be) have a very low grade form of stainless for the exhaust tubing, and mild steel heat shells.

I don't have any skin in this game, but these look like original pieces not reproductions. These look to be as good as you could ever get for OEM pieces.

I think the originals are in most ways superior and safer than anything else you can get. The small tubing will somewhat limit the top end of a large displacement engine but will make a big engine like a 3.0 a low end torque monster, like start from a dead stop in 3rd gear torque.

The safety factor is no welds inside the heat collector. Despite current trends, there shouldn't be a weld inside a heat collector. You will never, ever, find a Porsche factory heat exchanger with a weld inside the heat envelope.
6freak
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Jun 25 2017, 10:49 AM) *

It's my understanding the stock HE's (which these appear to be) have a very low grade form of stainless for the exhaust tubing, and mild steel heat shells.

I don't have any skin in this game, but these look like original pieces not reproductions. These look to be as good as you could ever get for OEM pieces.

I think the originals are in most ways superior and safer than anything else you can get. The small tubing will somewhat limit the top end of a large displacement engine but will make a big engine like a 3.0 a low end torque monster, like start from a dead stop in 3rd gear torque.

The safety factor is no welds inside the heat collector. Despite current trends, there shouldn't be a weld inside a heat collector. You will never, ever, find a Porsche factory heat exchanger with a weld inside the heat envelope.

agree and not SS aluminized! in a few of the pictures you can see the texture and in one its really noticeable on the flange end ..good score for sure
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.