Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I got a little carried away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
greenie
These headlight buckets are a bitch!!! They are not fuctioning yet but almost there.
greenie
Here's how I rembered how thing went.
greenie
Here's how it looked at the swap meet saturday. Sunday I pulled the front bumper again to get rid of the liscense plate holder " too ugly" Now I just need to get going on ther interior, windows & get it running again " Thanks Miles"

Greenie
jhadler
Wow Greenie!!!!

That car is so beautiful it makes me want to cry... wub.gif

That was trully a labor of love! Fantastic!! An inspiration to us all...

CONGRATS!! smilie_pokal.gif

-Josh2
Tom Perso
Way to go, noob!!!

Man, you've done some nice work, truely inspirational!!!

smilie_pokal.gif

Tom
greenie
Thanks for the kind words! I really felt good after the swap meet with the reactions I recieved., before it I was just the nut working in the garage at all hours.

My dad died 1 1/2 years ago. We sold off twenty project cars , I guess it just took a few years for it to come to the surface.

This car has just been a total pleasure for me. Never before have I enjoyed working on cars, I always had to use them for transportation. It's different when you do it for the love of it. I've learned alot about the car but also a lot more about myself.
Once you get going and you decide you want to do it right , you just can't back off.

More pics to follow in a couple of days.

Bleyseng
Looks great and sorry I couldn't come by and see it at the swap meet.

I think you need more naked lady posters in the garage thou.......
Dave_Darling
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

I am really really impressed by the quality of the work! I'm glad you updated the thread, because I missed it the first time.

Hey, can you come down south and do the same sort of thing to my car?? wink.gif

--DD
Lou W
Looks Awsome smilie_pokal.gif
SGB
And so we can determine then by your effort so far that your standard of performance is somewhere between say -beyond pefect to, say, godlike. Do you do everything like this? My rule is "no shortcuts" and I thought that was enough, but OH, NO. Thats not good enough is it? Like it rolled out of the factory? How prosaic. Your work is like elfin mechanics came in the night and used magic wrenches. Geeze.
greenie
I'm honored that a couple of the great guys on this club , Dave Darling, & Mr Bleyseng would comment on this post.

Dave I have gotten so much out of the work you have contributed to the 914, I wouldn't be at this point without your efforts. I remember your post about possible future unemployment & wanted to call & say no one with your talent will be down long. Their loss! Hope eveything is OK.

Geoff I've really appreciated the things you've posted on the D-Jet & MPS, pretty please can we get together & you can take a look & maybe let me know how things look?

Miles go Fuck a Goat!! sheeplove.gif

Curt
Bleyseng
no problem especially since I am starting a job in Issy sometime next week.

We can meet afterwork and chat plus maybe a brewski?? biggrin.gif
MecGen

Realy nice work, realy realy nice !
It shows you worked hard. smilie_pokal.gif

Later
Frank

beerchug.gif
RustyWa
I saw the car at the swap meet. It is very nice! Keep the photos coming.
greenie
It's been awhile since my last update, two AAA tows, numerous little incidents with relability .... but I've almost got it whipped!

Recently it won't start without a little shot of starter fluid when it's been sitting overnight. When the engine is warm it fires right up. New points, coil, trigger points, cht. Still giving me grief !

Some pictures of my progress.

A couple of friends helping me figure out this cold start problem, ones a PHD works at Boeing , use to own bugs, the other travels the world fixing German Injection Molding machines. If these two can't help me I'm screwed.
greenie
Engine Lid, I think my lettering isn't spaced right.
greenie
My wife did my new Vynyl . She did an awesome job.
greenie
My powdercoated rocker panels.
dlo914
QUOTE (greenie @ Sep 24 2005, 09:47 AM)
My wife did my new Vynyl . She did an awesome job.

i want a wife...just like yours!!! is she also a car nut? biggrin.gif
greenie
I wish I would have had this pictures when I took off the Targa pad. These little screws were hard to find when you don't know what your looking for.
greenie
DLO914,

She is definately not a car nut. She is borderline hating me & this machine but the cash bleeding has slowed so she just tries to ignore the both of us.
greenie
I put these little spacers on the screws when I put it back on, thinking of the next guy so he doesn't have to fish around like I did.
greenie
jfthoi
greenie
I'm pretty proud of this. What a sick dude, proud of his trunk, pathetic.
greenie
Bought these new door panels on a shopping spree from Craig of Camp 914, I think I'm going to put my originals back on because these don't match quite as nice. I was just trying to get a way from the speakers someone had added.
greenie
couple of glammer shots
greenie
thats all for now...

SpecialK
It looks absolutely fantastic!! pray.gif

I never get tire of looking a "quality" work.

...okay, so when are you coming out to MO to work on mine? wink.gif biggrin.gif
brp914
pray.gif

hi, hi, hi, hi there!...them summer days...

beautiful car and work. nice to see 914's in the unusual colors.
plas76targa
Awesome workmanship. Thanks for posting it all. Please show more photo's of the interior!
Bleyseng
I have some nice 74 tan door panels without the holes......

Still need to swing by for a beer!!

On the cold start problem,look for a grounding issue maybe the tranny strap needs cleaning and add some dielectric grease at the contact/bolting spots. ohmy.gif

rocking nana.gif beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
great thread. beautiful car. time to sell it. wacko.gif

k
pete-stevers
agree.gif That is one goodlookin car...
turtleman
Very, very nice work!

Make sure you take the wife on the first long ride when your finished. Make it along the coast with a stay at a B&B overlooking the water with a stroll on the beach at sunset. Then forgiveness will be partially restored-if your lucky.

GCW
IronHillRestorations
Just saw this thread for the first time.

Your car looks awesome, and you should be very proud!

Brother, you have a serious problem! biggrin.gif Now your 914 is too nice to drive.

This winter when your car is safely parked in the garage, pull the heater boxes and get them Jet-Hot Coated. The factory heat exchangers are better than the SSI's IMHO.
*kennyd*914
I must agree with the group. You have done a stellar job on her.... do you ever do work in Canada?

ken
SpecialK
"Cold start problem"....could that possibly have something to do with the cold start injector (nom?) in the plenum being clogged, or no power/bad connection to the injector? confused24.gif Just a WAG.
greenie
Mr Bleyseng.... Anytime ! Whatcha doing today? If I don't see you soon you're going into the same "phantom" catagory as Miles biggrin.gif

Rhody Guy... How much? I know you have a super nice engine you can swap in. smile.gif

Lets see.. I've been invited to CA. ( DD get your ass up here & fix my car! ), MO, & now Canada to work on cars . If it wasn't for the fact I've got a wife & three kids with all the bills to pay it might be fun.

I know for a fact the alcohols alot stronger up North so the quality of work might be suspect! Just remember you get what you pay for.
Qarl
VERY nice.

Superb!

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Gint
Holy crap! I'm just seeing this thread for the first time today. That's beautiful! You really di dsome very nice work. Please post some mroe pics.
anderssj
Greenie,

I just saw this thread for the first time . . . . REALLY NICE WORK--REALLY NICE!

Very impressed with your old school work on the bumpers--makes me wish I still lived out there so I could pick up a few pointers . . . .

BTW, is that Root Beer Barrel drive-in still there near I-90/Gilman Village?
ottox914
You're following the same twisted route I took- isn't that first day home from the paint shop great.... it all looks sooooooo nice.

CAUTION!!!

Don't even THINK of doing an auto cross in that car. After 3 yrs of getting mine almost as nice as yours, I did an auto cross, was bitten by that particular 914 "bug" and have spent the last 3 yrs getting as mental about spring rates, sway bar settings, tire pressures as I did the 3 yrs prior about paint, chrome, and rubber seals.

So basically I got 2 projects for the price of, well, 2 projects. 1st generation was the show car, DQ crusier, 2nd generation was the re-birth of 1st gen as an auto cross car.

Do I regret it? Not for a second! Our cars are about having fun with friends, if they're the Qtip crowd or the go faster group. The car was almost getting TOO nice to take out, now its got chips and dirt on it. But ooohhhh, what fun as a club instructor to take newb's out for a lap and blow their minds with what a under 100 hp car can do.

Great project, keep up the good work, and in whatever form you choose to build your 914, enjoy.

(and if you ever come to WI and want to bring some of that concours magic, my car could use a touch up here and there...)
restore2seater
QUOTE (greenie @ Jul 25 2005, 02:15 PM)
I had scrapped a lot of seam sealer , Queen City did a beautiful job of matching it.

I can't believe I missed this thread also. That is really a nice job. smilie_pokal.gif

Can you find out what the body shop used for the seam sealer? That does look pretty close to factory.
Root_Werks
I can't believe I missed this thread that started all the way back in MAY! ohmy.gif

Wondeful job on the car. One of my favorite colors on a 914 right along side with L20E. It looks great! smilie_pokal.gif
TINCAN914
Well everyone else said it, so I guess I should follow... Ready? here it comes. I can't believe I missed this.. These are the threads you look for, when seeking inspiration. Fantastic job..
ummmm Can you come over and do mine? rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
greenie
Hey that was kinda neat the other day to see my thread back on the front page .

I didn't have any new pictures so I just got back a few minutes ago from taking some., These were taken from Cougar Mountain, looking out over Seattle, about five minutes from my house.

Mr. Aderss:
Yes the "Root Beer Barrel" is still in Issaquah, It's called the XXX Drive-in ( times have changed) lots of hot-rod & classic cars hang-out. Great Food!

Mr. restore2seater:
The seam sealer is available @ most autobody supply stores, I was going to buy some but the trick is the gunapplicator to apply it. I'll find out more for you if you like.

Thanks for the nice comments, it was nice to here from you Mr. Root. I'm kinda going thru , withdrawls ( i guess that answers my original Hobby or addiction?) & am fantazing about a combo project with Rootwerks.

Greenie
greenie
ksjsj
greenie
greenie
dre
stock93
Very nice work!!!

So when are you going to get another one? They just seem to multiply smile.gif

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.