Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amperage Fuse for Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
I am relocating my fuel pump on my '73 to the front of the car. I am feeding the wire off the fuse panel but also want to add an inline fuse. Does anyone have an idea of what amperage fuse I should run between the fuse panel and pump? The pump is a Pieburg

porschetub
QUOTE(mmascari @ Jul 3 2017, 06:48 AM) *

I am relocating my fuel pump on my '73 to the front of the car. I am feeding the wire off the fuse panel but also want to add an inline fuse. Does anyone have an idea of what amperage fuse I should run between the fuse panel and pump? The pump is a Pieburg

Better to run from the original supply so you retain a relay and original fuse,if you don't you will need a 7.5amp close to the switched supply ,I ran a wire down the tunnel into the engine space and connected to the original supply.
Larmo63
I'm running my front Pierburg type pump to a dash switch, then to #8 or 9 fuse. That way, I can turn on my power without the fuel pump running on the whole time.
mmascari
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 2 2017, 02:05 PM) *

I'm running my front Pierburg type pump to a dash switch, then to #8 or 9 fuse. That way, I can turn on my power without the fuel pump running on the whole time.

So you don't have an additional fuse between the fuse panel and the pump? I am doing a six conversion as well so I am not retaining the relay board.
larryM
the 911 3.2 pump is protected by a 25A fuse

maybe worth looking at these threads

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...fuse-issue.html

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=113517

QUOTE(mmascari @ Jul 3 2017, 08:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 2 2017, 02:05 PM) *

So you don't have an additional fuse between the fuse panel and the pump? I am doing a six conversion as well so I am not retaining the relay board.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.