Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car went to half power....are there fuel relays and other little gremlins that blow...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey guys, my '73 2.0 runs perfect and has d-jet. Just driving up the street notice it sounded weird and wouldn't rev past 4,000 and sounded labored doing so. Still idles but feels like it is on two cylinders or something. Pulled plug wires off each cylinder while running and each cylinder did make a change so all four are firing. I do have a pertronix. I wonder is there a fuel pump relay or other relay that could be messing up? Thank you.
gg
JeffBowlsby
Oiled your dizzy counterweights lately? 1 drop of 30 wt in the center of the dizzy shaft annually is what the manual recommends. When the weights stick, you get slow acceleration.
second wind
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 3 2017, 12:45 PM) *

Oiled your dizzy counterweights lately? 1 drop of 30 wt in the center of the dizzy shaft annually is what the manual recommends. When the weights stick, you get slow acceleration.

Will give it a go.....funny how time flies....probably has been a year.....thanks,
gg
mgphoto
Greg,
Check to see if the dizzy is loose, if not, pull the cap and look at the plate holding the Pertronix, can you move the lug where the vacuum can attaches, with a screwdriver?
Both directions?
Mike
second wind
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jul 3 2017, 02:19 PM) *

Greg,
Check to see if the dizzy is loose, if not, pull the cap and look at the plate holding the Pertronix, can you move the lug where the vacuum can attaches, with a screwdriver?
Both directions?
Mike

I will give it a try...thanks..
gg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.