Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 GT Clone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Lawrence
Jeroen...

I bitch and moan about almost anything. rolleyes.gif

But if someone didn't know, they sure would after owning it for a while and running into a few other 914 owners. ohmy.gif

I think there's no better color for a Porsche than black... when it's clean. When it's not (the other 95% of the time), it's just another dirty black car. sad.gif

Yep. I think it's cool that he corrected the ad. smilie_pokal.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
krk
QUOTE(Frederickcr @ Jul 3 2003, 04:48 PM)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIM !!!

Frederick,

a) your caps key is stuck (we are even willing to advise on keyboard techniques)
B ) I'm not buying the car (insert cheezy salesman joke here) (unless you have a wild 914club discount smile.gif )
c) welcome to the board! lol.

Oh --- toss in some gratuitous emoticons (those smiley things on the left) -- and you'll look like a pro here. (Well, not quite -- I've failed once today already) Oh well, the real message....

Have a great 4th!

kim.
Frederickcr
biggrin.gif Thanks Kim .... You have a great 4th also
Qarl
Fredrickr:

Welcome to the group. I live in Orlando. Wish you were a tad bit closer.. I'd love to see the car.

It looks nicely done (but not for my taste). I could almost buy two of your cars for what mine will end up costing, so it's definitely true about how much money goes into these cars.

I hope you find the right buyer.

Your honesty will go a long way... and participation in groups like this will surely get you some good exposure.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
Frederickcr
Thanks Karl,
You guys have no idea how I felt when I received an email that said that I might want to see what is being said on this sight about my ebay ad.

I know there is no great trust of used car guys, and let me tell ya from the inside I see why. I try to do my best to be as honest as I can. I do believe that it is possible to do business in an honest manner. The problem I had was figuring out how to sign in to this sight. I'm glad I finally got it.
Frederickcr
Thank you guys for making me feel welcome here. I'll be back often ....... and probably with lots of questions.
Bleyseng
I think the red handle is for a 100 shot NOS. I still like the car as it seems well done.

Geoff
redshift
QUOTE(silver six @ Jul 3 2003, 10:12 AM)
The 916 was a luxury car with leather all around, AC,

Douglas

Nope, one had air, and it was added. That the Gregg car AA has.

I am a genius.

M
MarkV
So who is the mystery genius from "Not Novato CA" laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
whats up with the stupid white face gauges? icon8.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Frederickcr @ Jul 3 2003, 05:53 PM)
It spends it's days inside an air conditioned showroom waiting for it's new owner.

Frederickcr,
I think I might be able to help you find that *new owner*.

Raffle that sucker off, to one of us here on this board!!! driving.gif

$100.00/ticket would be fair, wouldn't you think? cool_shades.gif
Anton
Frederick, thanks for replying. clap56.gif

I hope the car finds a (properly informed) new owner now that the add on E-bay has been adjusted. Please note that a more correct determination would be 1976 Porsche 914-6 3.0 Conversion, not clone. Furthermore, instead of mentioning 916 I would refer to the 914-6 2.0 (1970-1972; being the original aircooled flat six) and claim that your car is much faster, "truly" making it a Porsche. In the specification department (weight to power ratio) your car would compare to a 916, but that is different story from how you put it now! A comparison with the 914-6 GT would also go a miss, as this a lightened car with a specially prepared engine solely intented for racing (and is even more a purist car than the sought after 1973 911 2.7 RS).

Still, I feel that the price tag is big hurdle for the average 914 enthusiast...
URY914
Dear Everyone,

I've seen this car in person and have talked to the owner. (Na-Na-N-Na-Na). I took this picture at Sebring and few years ago.

It may not be for everybody but it is nicer than the pictures indicate. The Owner is a decent guy and he had written the ad copy he would have gotten it right.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.