Full Version: how may chicks own a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
9144guy
driving-girl.gif how many chicks own a 914 not just drive your husbands
scotty914
turtle girl ( work in progress )
linda /L
jenny used too ( until she found a guard rail )
toast

i think thats all but i am probably wrong

edit : betty ( clay's wife ) and she does not drive his he drives her's
BIGKAT_83
I know of a lady that drives a V8 914 as a daily driver, Dosn't post here but maybe her husband will chime in.
They have 2 914 V8's

Bob
flatout
I have and drive a 914 and don't have a husband. biggrin.gif
Jenny
I got another one after the guard rail incident. And it's mine. Although my bf eventually wants a 914 as well.

Jen
Jenny
Joan Arbuthnot (sp?)
Gwen Golub
Birgit
Lyressa
Mark Henry
My wife had one....till I ripped her off happy11.gif
TJB/914
It's good to see all these ladies interested in 914's. Hope this rough gang didn't chase them away after the wild stories @ WCC.

Jenny, Mrs. K & Toast you are good sports.

Also good to see Shelby back.

Tom
skline
QUOTE (flatout @ May 14 2005, 04:27 PM)

Were you looking for one??? wub.gif
Steve
Did you guys see the two and a half men episode with the Boxster?
I didn't believe that people thought the Boxster is a chick car until they made a whole episode about it.
huh.gif Sorry about the hijack!!!
flatout
Not looking right now, just having fun being single. So many curvy roads , so little time. driving-girl.gif
smooth_eddy
Here is my friend Ann... She is a Senior chick I guess. She has owned her 914 for 25 years. smilie_pokal.gif Eddy
LouisCypher
QUOTE (flatout @ May 14 2005, 06:15 PM)
Not looking right now, just having fun being single. So many curvy roads , so little time. driving-girl.gif

yes, life is short, and the love is always over in the morning...
TJB/914
Hey Shelby,

Hopefully you can attend our Mid-West meet in August 2005 since your the only single female within driving distance to the meet. I talked to Dick, Gary & Tom (chairpersons) about having a special row of 914's for the single guys & gals. I am also trying to talk them into one for "Desperate Housewifes". You know something for everyone.

Tom
BTW
I am just trying to help NWC early entry decisions.

flatout
Hey Tom,
Sounds like you've got it figured out!Let me know all of the details,where and when,and I will try to make it.I am going to the Porsche Funfest at Tweeks(or Midwest Motorworks as they are now called) in June. burnout.gif
redshift
QUOTE (flatout @ May 14 2005, 07:27 PM)

Baby, can I drive your car?

John Lennon's long lost cousin
ChrisFoley
I spoke with a girl named Heidi in East Hartford (I think) who has a 914. I don't think she posts here but might be lurking.
My wife keeps bugging me to give her one of her own.
xitspd
QUOTE (flatout @ May 14 2005, 03:27 PM)

Very nice car Shelby!

Dan
TJB/914
Hi Shelby,

Thanks for your interest. I'll get MWC information to you. You just increased interest in our Mid-West meet by 50%. We have lots of single guys without a life just waiting to (meet) see your 914. There really great guys, just don't known how to talk to a good looking girl like you. You & your 914 will be placed in the center of the action.

I don't know anyone in our area going to Tweeks, but now that everyone knows you will be there it's going to be interesting.

Tom
BTW
I just celebrated my 40-yrs anniversary, so don't worry about me. I will protect you & just want you to enjoy 914 fellow-ship. It's always great to have nice girls like you around.
grantsfo
My wife had one and likes to think our current 914 is half her's. ...I havent had the nerve to tell her otherwise. biggrin.gif
jarbuthnot
QUOTE (Jenny @ May 14 2005, 07:38 PM)
Joan Arbuthnot (sp?)

Jenny

Your spelling is perfect!!

I also don't have a husband - the car is better laugh.gif
skline
Cats914 is a new member and I can assure you that she is another Female owner.
Betty
Ok... this question finally flushed me out of the shadows (me lurk long time).

My name is Betty and I own a 914...

I've had my car since before I had Clay! wub.gif
Aaron Cox
betty,

your avatar is rediculously funny laugh.gif
Rhodes71/914
It's my wifes car, I fix it, drive it sometimes, and she is not the posting type.

Her name is April and a 914 was the first car she ever had, if it wasn't for that I would have no idea how fun these cars are.
Betty
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 16 2005, 12:34 AM)
betty,

Thanks, but I can't take credit for it. I stole it and can't remember where I found it. My apologies if I lifted it from anybody here!
Rusty
QUOTE (9144guy @ May 14 2005, 05:53 PM)

I think you're liable to get your ass whupped by calling them "chicks"... biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 15 2005, 07:09 PM)

I think you're liable to get your ass whupped by calling them "chicks"... biggrin.gif

Yea.. don't call Pam a "chick".... Or Betty either. In Betty's case she is likely to 'whup up on you both on and off the Autocross course!!!

pray.gif driving-girl.gif
Betty
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 16 2005, 01:09 AM)

Nah... I couldn't care less what anybody calls me.... just don't call me late to the autocross! driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif
Brent
My signal orange roller was "the wifes car" but I have since promised it to my 7 yr old (in avatar when 4). He loves to tell the kids at school he owns a ......... 914.
-B
jarbuthnot
QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 15 2005, 09:09 PM)

Well, since you brought it up... dry.gif
boxstr
There are a few in the PNW. Pansyboy aka Rhody Guy his wife has a Malaga red 75,. Ted Cooper bought one for his wife, I don't think she gets to drive it since Ted is always coming out to CAMP 914 and buying parts to fix the car. I bought one recently from a lady here in Portland who owned the car since new and had driven it daily since, extremely well maintained 914. Sold the car the next day, new owner, male, was a Happy Camper. smile.gif
CCLIN914DISTAFFOWNERSGROUP
Gary#
QUOTE (xitspd @ May 15 2005, 12:18 PM)
I have and drive a 914 and don't have a husband.  :D

Very nice car Shelby!

Dan

biggrin.gif What car???
Cap'n Krusty
"How may chicks own a 914"? Well, they can buy one for themselves, they can get someone to buy one for them (may require significant commitment, whether they like it or not), or they can steal one. Other than that, I see no reason why they may not own one, what with equal rights and all ........... The Cap'n
Mueller
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ May 15 2005, 01:18 PM)
My wife keeps bugging me to give her one of her own.

I wish my wife would ask for her own sad.gif

I've offered to get her a totally stock one and not touch it, but she'd rather just make fun of my car headbang.gif
Dr Evil
After the three laps Noel did at Streets of Willow, she wants one now. I will have to see how I am gonna pull that off while I am in Med school rolleyes.gif I don't want to buy one in the rust belt. I may use it as an excuse to fly out west and drive one of Skline's or Twystd1's finds home with the woman. We will see. Eventually, she will have one.
flatout
Cap't there is another way. I won mine (sort of). I entered in a large car show, they were giving away a restored 57 nash metropolitan. I won it , then traded it, real fast for the 914. I was having a good day , very lucky. biggrin.gif
skline
I wanna get Lucky!! biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (flatout @ May 16 2005, 09:37 AM)
Cap't there is another way. I won mine (sort of). I entered in a large car show, they were giving away a restored 57 nash metropolitan. I won it , then traded it, real fast for the 914. I was having a good day , very lucky. biggrin.gif

Traded? I hope they threw in some cash. Restored Metropolitans are bringing MAJOR bucks now ............. The Cap'n
flatout
No cash, just a trade I didn't want it , but I did want the 914. This was a few years ago ,and the guy I traded with still has the Metro. I know I'm happy with the 914. so I guess we are both happy.
Toast
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 15 2005, 05:34 PM)
betty,

agree.gif

I laughed out loud at work. oops....

Thanks for finally signing on with us!! clap.gif wavey.gif
Pam
I own the Bumblebee.....at least, the title is in my name.

When its running I own it...when its broken, Rusty owns it.

-Pam
Betty
QUOTE (Toast @ May 16 2005, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 15 2005, 05:34 PM)
betty,

agree.gif

I laughed out loud at work. oops....

Thanks for finally signing on with us!! clap.gif wavey.gif

wavey.gif

Hiya. Yeah, I "lifted" it off the internet somewhere, changed it around a little bit and there ya go!

Just tryin' to do my part; keeping autocross pylons safe everywhere! driving-girl.gif
Betty
QUOTE (Pam @ May 16 2005, 08:05 PM)
I own the Bumblebee.....at least, the title is in my name.

When its running I own it...when its broken, Rusty owns it.  

-Pam

Hiya Pam!

You say that like it's a bad thing... biggrin.gif

I'm sort of in the same boat. When my car's broken, Clay takes over. I suspect it's actually because he can work on cars much faster than I can (I like to bag things and number them), and my glacier-slow pace exasperates him... Oh well, at least my fingernails stay cleaner! laugh.gif
Meredith
I'll have one someday. If I keep saying that, maybe it will happen.

I'll have one someday. I'll have one someday. I'll have one...
nebreitling
QUOTE (Meredith @ May 16 2005, 04:09 PM)
I'll have one someday. If I keep saying that, maybe it will happen.

I'll have one someday. I'll have one someday. I'll have one...

dad won't let you drive his at your leisure?
scotty b
QUOTE ("7" @ May 16 2005, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (xitspd @ May 15 2005, 12:18 PM)
I have and drive a 914 and don't have a husband.  :D

Very nice car Shelby!

Dan

biggrin.gif What car???

dry.gif No kidding. I've looked at that pick about 20 times and still havn't found any car. You guys are smoking to much herb smoke.gif screwy.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (boxstr @ May 16 2005, 09:54 AM)
There are a few in the PNW. Pansyboy aka Rhody Guy his wife has a Malaga red 75,. Ted Cooper bought one for his wife, I don't think she gets to drive it since Ted is always coming out to CAMP 914 and buying parts to fix the car. I bought one recently from a lady here in Portland who owned the car since new and had driven it daily since, extremely well maintained 914. Sold the car the next day, new owner, male, was a Happy Camper. smile.gif
CCLIN914DISTAFFOWNERSGROUP

In the 20 years Betty and I have been together, I have only beaten her ONCE. It was due to the fact that she had a real bad headache that day, and didn't take her last 3 runs...... sad.gif

As I told them at Parade when she beat me yet again " I have been chasing her tail for 20 years, and I still have not caught it!"

I look at it this way. I am the mechanic that makes the car fast. She is the driver that actually drives it fast. smlove2.gif

Where would Michael Shumaker be without his mechanics??????

smlove2.gif smlove2.gif
Meredith
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 16 2005, 05:13 PM)
dad won't let you drive his at your leisure?

If it was a piece of crap, maybe. But since it's not...

(Plus I don't ask to drive it...ahem. sad.gif )
Dead Air
Ordella belongs to Nanette. She's wanted one since 1973.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.