Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the Best fluid for 901
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
10 or so years ago,..It use to be swepco for porsche trans,..whats the best now..Thanks Frank
iankarr
Here's 3 pages filled with everything you ever wanted to know about transmission oil.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=100980

Cutting to the chase, the good Dr. Evil recommends plain ol' Dino 80w90 GL5 rated hypoid oil.
Rand
QUOTE(flmont @ Jul 3 2017, 08:25 PM) *

10 or so years ago,..It use to be swepco for porsche trans,..whats the best now..Thanks Frank

Our trannies haven't changed. If you want something more exotic than good old SAE 90 GL-5 gear oil (why?), then Swepco 201 is still the favorite aftermarket goodie.
Mark Henry
I say buy cheap dino, then... because it's cheap... fuching change it every couple of years.

I like Kendall dino when I can find it.

I used to be a swepco lemming, really I never liked it that much, shifts like shit. Expensive shit.
Since I still have some I toss in a couple of pints each change, just because the pretty blue colour is easy to spot if you have a leak.

I still swear by Swepco 101 grease though, I love it!
It doesn't mix with water, I can use it for everything from wheel bearings to CV's, cars, my Fiat diesel tractor, lawn tractor etc. One grease for all.
I buy a case every couple of years, just bought a new case not long ago.
Krieger
agree.gif

I use the Sta Lube gear oil. I didn't like the Swepco gear oil. I love the Swepco 101 grease though.

flag.gif
BK911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 4 2017, 12:39 AM) *

I say buy cheap dino, then... because it's cheap... fuching change it every couple of years.

I've been putting Wal-Mart crap in mine every other year for about 12 years now.
No issues yet, and I average about 150 miles per week.
flmont
Ok,..Great...Iam good with dino I just needed to make sure,!!! Thanks, Frank
flmont

Dr. Evil recommends plain ol' Dino 80w90 GL5 rated hypoid oil.

where do U get this type of oil,.??
iankarr
QUOTE(flmont @ Jul 4 2017, 12:01 PM) *

Dr. Evil recommends plain ol' Dino 80w90 GL5 rated hypoid oil.

where do U get this type of oil,.??

I bought a case of it at Sam's Club. Here's an amazon link...

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550042102-A...ds=GL5+gear+oil

flmont
Oh ok,..the GL rating ..thru me off,..I should find some in Tucson,..iam sure LOL..Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.