What dark hard to read upside down photos confused24.gif
rhodyguy
NURSE, TOWEL PLEASE!!
rhodyguy
I SAID TOWEL PLEASE!!!
rhodyguy
GLOVES PLEASE.
rhodyguy
WHEN IN DOUBT PUT A LITTLE JB WELD AROUND THE FUCKED UP, DRILLED OUT HOLE.
rhodyguy
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THAT PIECE OF WIRE IS?
rhodyguy
AT LEAST THINGS WERE DONE CONSISTANTLY. OTHER HEAD.
rhodyguy
I'VE NEVER QUITE SEEN A FLYWHEEL MACHINED LIKE THIS.
rhodyguy
LOOK AT THE WAY THE HAM HANDED PIECE OF SHIT FINE TUNED THE TIN WHEN HE TOOK OFF THE PORT MATCHED INTAKES.
rhodyguy
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PICTURE IS COMING NEXT.
Bleyseng
I always like to grind a bad starter so it customizes the flywheel! Iknow, they use a bug starter so it didn't catch the whole flywheel gear....

Hmm, got some 75-76 heads there Kevin that someone adapted with JB Weld. Real nice, so it was blowing crap all over the nice clean enginebay.

Is this the 2056 motor you bought???
rhodyguy
beware, beware, beware. i guess it was too good to believe. i suppose i should have ruined my trip to the WCC06' and tore into this engine on the spot. ready to install dry.gif . FUCK YOU CHUMP!!!! finger.gif . my intent is to expose you for the fat, thieving turd, you are. there will be more as i get to the bottom side. this is what your failure to be truthful has brought out in me. my engine has less debris after a 3000 mile road trip. there's witnesses this time dry.gif . the plastic was still intact. i yelled at a friend and had to leave the garge for a moment.
rhodyguy
no doubt the fucking mess EVERYWHERE is partially from the 2 cheese head screws, adjacient to the intake ports on both heads. glad a nice BIG bit was used. look at the wire in the one hole geoff. i'll see if the other picture is clearer. after i save a life and go find a shit eating dog to run over.
rhodyguy
look closely.
Bleyseng
I see the wire, WTF is that?

Why is the motor so oily if it only has 3k on it??? idea.gif
rhodyguy
i'll be a bit clearer. the engine IN my CAR has less crap on it AFTER a 3k road trip with carbs and a crappy breather box. the engine pictured has only 3 tanks of fuel run through it after a complete rebuild. no fucking wonder it was removed.
Bleyseng
ok, who did the rebuild??
swood
Sheesh!! That's ugly!! Does that even qualify to have the term ''rebuild'' applied to it?!

Mine looks way better (still sitting on the bench...) and I don't know jack!

Get the word out. That's a shame! bs.gif
spare time toys
So who did the rebuild?
reverie
It's very bad when something like this happens. Similar thing happened to me back in 1988, and I had to sell my beloved '53 Oval Sunroof as a result.

When you're ready, we need to know what happened.. mad.gif
Type 4
The Rebuild was done by Tom Whistler not by me.
Kevin was given the offer to return the engine many times but decided not to return it..

I never had that engine it went from Tom;s house to Scotts house,then to the WCC.

He had 3 days to look at the engine while at the WCC before he took delivery.

If during that time if he felt that he didnt want it all he had to do was call.

I offered to resovle this on his first email to me but he didnt want his money back.

I repeatedly offered him his money back to resovle this issuse but he didnt want his money back.

I offered to have the engine picked up and shipped back but he declined.

You would think that if he was unhappy with the engine he would want take up my offer to refund his money but he has declined to do that.
rhodyguy
i purchased this engine with a cashiers check made out to STEVE STROMBERG (dba as Type 4). i have saved EVERY email and pm from him. when i figure out how to post screen shots of them, i intend to post both his and and mine to him. you will see the progression of untruths, lies by omission, and HIS stipulations and conditions regarding the return of this engine (which i am fully prepared to do, just not by his rules). i believe i'm doing each and everyone one you of a service by my actions. when dave hunt said "and look at this down here" i turned and walked out of the garage. if you folks want do deal with this guy i wish you the best of luck. i think there may be people other than dave hunt and al blose with first hand knowledge concerning this matter. if there are, when the time is appropriate i will ask them to step forward and share what they know. AFTER SS digs the hole a bit deeper. stay tuned.

k

Type 4
Post them Kevin every email says I would refund your money.
tat2dphreak
my thought is that sometimes it's not just about the money... it can be about the principle... I think Kevin is at that point. I would be pissed too!
rhodyguy
you don't want to tell the WHOLE TRUTH? well i will. i bought the damn thing from YOU. see ... the engine goes back, and HE gets to inspect it to make sure ITS acceptable for return. then HE get's to decide if i meets HIS standards. with an engine that was ready to install, why should i have had to tear the plastic off and inspected it during the wcc. obviously my first mistake was ever believing a word you said. we had an exstensive conversation regaring the state and quality of the engine. your implication was it was first rate and the the builder was a person who knew what he was doing and that he had that built 6's. my FIRST inquiries were regaring the intakes and he's. first you knew nothing about them, then you wrote "i never said they were included". initially, you wanted me to to make arrangements for return and provided a list of local shippers. i politely told you i needed to have the money returned first. just as you had to have the money before you let it go out of your possesion. send me a cashiers check, made out to Kevin S. Powers and send it priority mail (just as i did). when i recieve it i will contact you via your website, and YOU can contact a shipper to have it picked up and the matter will be concluded.

i purchased this engine on your professional recommendations and statements. look at the pictures. would this engine be acceptable to you if you recieved in such a state?
Type 4
He had 3 days to inspect the engine.
It was in Scotts truck during WCC.
He had plenty of time to look at it.
You would think that he would have looked at it from moment he saw it in Scotts Truck.
Wouldnt you do that ?
If he didnt want it all he had to do was call.

rhodyguy
trusting you as i did (second mistake), why should i have needed to inspect the engine that was ready to install? i couldn't take you at your word? you twist it around like i did something wrong. you want to settle the matter and will refund my money?GREAT STEVE!!!! smilie_pokal.gif . send me a cashier's check priority mail in the am, just as i paid for it. when i recieve the check i will notify the prepaid carrier of your choise to come and pick it up and we will conclude this matter.
firstknight13
well i think that all emails should be posted and then a vote from the membership should be counted and if THE membership votes it should BE!!! also if type 4 is in the wrong i think we as honest and good standing men and women should NOT allow someone practicing biz like this to associate in this CLUB!!! as you know "birds of a feather flock together" and the others can get the flock OUT!!!! smilie_pokal.gif the way i see it too many excuses sounds like my "EX" ar15.gif flipa.gif chair.gif
Qarl
Not defending either of you.. but Kevin, why didn't you take his offer to refund your money over a week ago (or maybe longer)?

Now it appears you are tearing into the engine, only making the situation worse.

I woulda just got my money back and be done with it by now.
rhodyguy
karl, i've torn into nothing!!! removed the blue painters tape holding the plastic on. took pictures wiped some of the greasy coating on my fingers and that's it. reread steve's conditions, as i've posted. again, d.h. and a.b. were standing right next to me this afternoon. i've forgotten his expectation to have mesource and secure it to a pallet, which it came to me without. bottom line... i don't believe he will send the money. what assurances do i have he still has the money? dave suggested an escrow account. would you care to broker the deal?

edit. craig carried the engine up for me. from camarillo to portland then on to tacoma. i had to wait for him to bring it up from portland when i assisted him with a matter. steve's conditions of return have repeatedly changed. seeing the state of the engine today was the final straw.

k
ChrisReale
Steve, judging by the pics, why would you sell shit like this?
SLITS
Kevin....Slits is not benevolent, but here's the deal. According to Mapquest, you are 13 miles from Sumner, WA. We have a facility there - Northwest Recycler Core. The manager sends us approximately two semi-trailers of cores per week.

If STEVE will refund your money and YOU will transport the engine to our facility, I will see that he provides a pallet and puts it on the next truck coming to Riverside, CA. I will either hold the engine in Riverside and wait for Steve to come get it or I will take it to Scott Kline's house where Steve can pick it up, but I will guarantee with my word that he will get the engine (yeh, I know..who trusts Slits).

I will get the engine down here at no charge to you or Steve for that matter as I will inform the Manager up there that I have bought the engine from you and it needs to be transported to me.

I can't make the arrangements until Monday. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you the address and phone number of our Sumner facility.

That's my offer!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 14 2005, 10:06 PM)
Kevin....Slits is not benevolent, but here's the deal. According to Mapquest, you are 13 miles from Sumner, WA. We have a facility there - Northwest Recycler Core. The manager sends us approximately two semi-trailers of cores per week.

If STEVE will refund your money and YOU will transport the engine to our facility, I will see that he provides a pallet and puts it on the next truck coming to Riverside, CA. I will either hold the engine in Riverside and wait for Steve to come get it or I will take it to Scott Kline's house where Steve can pick it up, but I will guarantee with my word that he will get the engine (yeh, I know..who trusts Slits).

I will get the engine down here at no charge to you or Steve for that matter as I will inform the Manager up there that I have bought the engine from you and it needs to be transported to me.

I can't make the arrangements until Monday. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you the address and phone number of our Sumner facility.

That's my offer!

this is what the 914 club is about. GIVING.

ron. you are a model for what we should all strive to be. clap.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

and i still got a hard on from those calipers wink.gif
scruz914
Ron, I'm impressed. With the shipping issues out of the way there is no reason the problem can't be resolved quickly. Kevin transports the engine to your shipping point in WA and turns it over to your 'agent'. At that point Steve cuts a check to Kevin. Steve receives the engine once it arrives in So. CA. Each person can be made whole through your kind offer. smilie_pokal.gif
swood
Problem solved. biggrin.gif

Who's next?!! smash.gif smash.gif spank.gif spank.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif chair.gif chair.gif

bootyshake.gif
Verruckt
This is awesome!

Somebody gets their engine back.

Somebody gets their money back.

Nobody pays for shipping.

And we won't have to fuching hear about this anymore.

Everybody wins!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
mike_the_man
Wait a minute! I helped unload that engine from the back of Craigs Jeep, so I have a vested interest in this! I believe that I should recieve some sort compensation for all of this!!! biggrin.gif Just kidding! Way to go Ron, talk about going above and beyond. Kevin, take Ron up on his offer and get rid of the engine. Life is too short to have problems like this. You obviously don't want it, so sent it back. With the help of the club, everything will work out.

DNHunt
Ron

That is a very generous offer. I hope that leads to a resolution of this matter, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I was there when Kevin uncovered the engine. The pictures make it look good. It is a grimy dirty thing and I'm inclined to believe it hasn't been apart for a very long time. I couldn't see any bright metal that would indicate that the case had been cleaned. In short I don't think this is a recent rebuild.

So, there is a dispute between a customer and a vendor. The customer realizing that he has been decieved wants his money back and the vendor will accept return but with conditions attached. Ron has been gracious enough to eliminate the cost of shipping which Steve wanted Kevin to pay. Kevin realizes that Steve has misrepresented the product and doesn't trust him to return the money if he returns the engine. The only leverage Kevin has is pocession of the engine. What would you do?

Over the last several years I have seen many references to deals going sour with Steve Stromberg. This is the first time I witnessed one. I haven't commented before. After seeing this engine that was represented as a recent rebuild I feel I can. How could anyone buy anything from this guy? If he treats customers this way how can he possibly hope to stay in business?

I've been in business 28 years and I always believe the customer. If they want a refund I'll refund the money. If they want something redone I'll redo it. The customer is always right. I don't break even on that principle, I lose money. For some reason Steve doesn't understand this concept. If it wasn't clear before it should be now, IF YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM THIS GUY YOU ARE A FOOL.

Dave
rhodyguy
you're the man ron. pm sent at 7:35am pst. at this point i consider the matter closed.

mike, the next time i see you the BIG BEAR BURGER is on me. i'll even spring for the extra side of gravy. wink.gif

k
tat2dphreak
Mad props to Ron!! smilie_pokal.gif that's very great of you!
Qarl
karl, i've torn into nothing!!! removed the blue painters tape holding the plastic on. took pictures wiped some of the greasy coating on my fingers and that's it. reread steve's conditions, as i've posted. again, d.h. and a.b. were standing right next to me this afternoon. i've forgotten his expectation to have mesource and secure it to a pallet, which it came to me without. bottom line... i don't believe he will send the money. what assurances do i have he still has the money? dave suggested an escrow account. would you care to broker the deal?

My bad... it's ashame that that was sold as a rebuilt motor considering how bad it looked just by looking at it.

Hope the return goes better for you.
mike_the_man
Thanks Kevin, although not necessary. I didn't realize that engine was supposed to have been rebuilt. When we pulled it out of the back of Craig's jeep, it was pretty dirty. I just assumed that it had been pulled out of a car. unsure.gif

redshift
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 15 2005, 01:06 AM)

That's my offer!

See, he's a genie.

M
rhodyguy
thanks again ron smilie_pokal.gif . the engine was dropped off at N.C.R. about 1/2 hour ago.

steve, it seems the engine will transport at the end of this week or the first of next week and ron intends to deliver to you. please have the cashiers check ready for priority mail. for easy reference, please have the check made out to and mail it to:

Kevin S Powers
12502 40th Ave E
Tacoma WA 98446

also, rather than emails or pms, please post All replies and comments you may have in this thread. emails from you, via your isp are now blocked.

k
dinomium
Man! I am sorry I didnt come over to Rhody-ville this week end, sounds like I wasn't the only one shovling sh!t! (mine went in the garden)

Glad to hear things are working out...
otto
So stromturd f'ed another. Everybody beware!
rhodyguy
a very informative conversation yesterday john. interesting i haven't seen thankyous or smilie_pokal.gif from those you helped out at willow springs, or maybe there are some and i just haven't seen them.

k
rhodyguy
what a nightmare. what a dishonest man. no shame, no pride. game player. coward. thief. onion!!!

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.