Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cvs question, suby 94mm 100mm 108mm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
which cv allows for the most error in axle length?

one guy said he had a cv pop out cause his axle on ONE side was 3/8" too short.

he had suby cv on one end and 914 cv on other.

seems like little room for error idea.gif
rnellums
I think the trick is capturing the hub on both sides of the shaft and making sure the axle is the right length. If the axles are lone enough so that you can just slide the cv past and onto the transmission shaft then you won't have a problem.
76-914
agree.gif Just being the operative word. As in a hair. If you get it an1/16"-1/8"" too long you can leave the tranny hanger loose and shift the rear of the trans to one side enough to allow the CV to slip in. If done like that can't jump out. The down side: if you need to drop a shaft you need to drop the trans mount (leaving the front mounts attached) as well. Another 20 minutes. Are the hubs of your trans pretty close to being centered with the wheel stubs? beerchug.gif
jimkelly
a hair dry.gif dang

an 1/8 or a 1/16 means an almost imperceptible amount of slop is allowed. i was hoping for more leeway.

its gonna be a weekend or two before i get engine trans cradle in car, maybe weekend 22/23 july.

got to bring a clutch flywheel pp home to mate my engine and trans together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.