Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mmmmm, will it fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tjmrfe
Hello guys....

So, if you had a 75' 1.8L (stock)
& someone was selling a reasonably priced Bursch Exhaust for a 74' 2.0L
Would you expect it to fit?
It looks like it would and, really....how much difference is there between the two motors? And cars for that matter, but knowing my luck....
So I thought I'd ask the masses to see what the community thinks!
Thanks in advance....
Terry.
TheCabinetmaker
No. It won't fit unless you change all the exhaust parts including the lower sheet metal.
rhodyguy
The Bursh '2.0' version is not designed for 1.7/1.8 earlier style heat exchangers. If you have 75' m.y. correct heat exchangers on your car the early h.e. 2.0 or 1.7/1.8 mufflers will NOT work. The bolt up flanges are completely different. Completely different.
euro911
agree.gif You'll need to change out your 75/76 style heat exchangers for 73/74 2.0L heat exchangers and a correct muffler hanger to use any muffler designed for a early 2.0L application.
rhodyguy
agree.gif plus all of the ducting, warm air guides, the correct hanger and associated bits. Plus shipping. The tally builds quickly.
rfinegan
If your looking to back date your exhaust, I have a set of 2.0 exhaust pipes without the heat tins in working condition I can let go cheep, and a good set of 1.8s for just a little more...

-Robert
Hoppie944s2
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Jul 18 2017, 10:54 AM) *

Hello guys....

It looks like it would and, really....how much difference is there between the two motors? And cars for that matter, but knowing my luck....
Thanks in advance....
Terry.

I have a Bursch muffler for your 914 that I will sell cheap
euro911
Check with Bill ... he just changed out a 2.0L exhaust system for a 1.7L system ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2507649
BillC
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 19 2017, 04:18 AM) *

Check with Bill ... he just changed out a 2.0L exhaust system for a 1.7L system ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2507649

Thank you for the tip/reference and for looking out for World members, but those parts have been sold (to other World members).
Tjmrfe
Thank you guys. Figured as much, again I appreciate your time!
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Hoppie944s2 @ Jul 18 2017, 01:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Jul 18 2017, 10:54 AM) *

Hello guys....

Thanks in advance....
Terry.

I have a Bursch muffler for your 914 that I will sell cheap

PM sent....
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 18 2017, 11:04 AM) *

The Bursh '2.0' version is not designed for 1.7/1.8 earlier style heat exchangers. If you have 75' m.y. correct heat exchangers on your car the early h.e. 2.0 or 1.7/1.8 mufflers will NOT work. The bolt up flanges are completely different. Completely different.

Whew...thank you. Saved a lot of heartache...not that I'm not used to heartache!
Lol....
kgruen2
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Jul 18 2017, 11:54 AM) *

Hello guys....

Thanks in advance....
Terry.

I shoulda read all the posts first. No, it won't fit. unsure.gif
euro911
Terry, if you're still looking for a Bursch exhaust to fit your stock 75/76 heat exchangers, send Keith a PM to see if he still has the one he posted last year confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...9&hl=Bursch
ndfrigi
This exhaust came from my 75 1.8FI when I still have the original 75/76 HE. The pipe is the original for 75/76 but I replaced the muffler to aftermarket plus square shape chrome tip. Actually it is for sale.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.