Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much does your 914 Weigh?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
URY914
Are the skins you have steel?

Fiberglass skins wiegh about 4 pounds.
John
Yes URY914, my door skins are steel.

While I am interested in getting the car lighter, I am not interested in lightening my wallet, so I must work with what I have. Thanks for the suggestion though.

BTW, are you happy with the way your lightwweight turned out? It looked good from all the pics I saw of it. Does it function as well as it looked in the pics?

I did see some of the things at the track this weekend that the Colorado guys do to their cars to make them lighter (some food for thought). I think that either the same person does the work on those cars, or they all copy off of each other....
brant
All of those cars have a bit of allen Johnsen in them..
mostly his ideas
and has a hand in most of the fast ones in regards to building them.
brant
dmenche914
damn, just broke the bathroom scale, the 914 crushed it like a beer can. got to try someting else.

late doors with impact protect are very heavey, ever compare the two types by lifting one up, and you'll know what i mean, maybe 40-50 lbs extra per door for that impact protect. i want to live, so I wouldn't remove them on a street car.

i get kind of scared in my glass kit car, weighs an estimated 1400 lbs or so, it is fast for a 1500 cc motor, will upgrade to a 2.2 liter soon, unhm, 150 Hp pushing 1400 lbs seems pretty good.

The late impact bumper also wiegh a lot more, and cuase they are sticking out on the ends, are worse, cuase they screw up the moment of inertia. better to have the weight in the middle, like the doors are, but middle wieght is the whole point of the 914, else they woudl have added a rear seat.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.