Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Spacer Req'mt.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
A previous thread on "The Final Word" regarding wheel spacers was, well, not so final in some respects. So, at the risk of "Oh no, not again", I thought I'd ask anyway.

My plan is to run the 7" front and 9" rear F'glass GT flares. For wheels, I have the 993 Cup wheels like Joe O'Brien's great looking black powder coated one's, only they're still silver. 205-17 fronts, and 255-40-17 rears. Rear wheels are 9" wide, offset is ET55. What spacer works best for the 9" rear flare/wheel/tire combo? I just need to get in the ball park with a number, as I realize I'll want to fine tune the exact spacing. The car isn't flared yet. I measured the backspacing on the stock wheel (MOMO w/ 195-50-15) at 4 7/8", and the 993 at 7 1/2". The difference is 2 5/8" (66.6mm), so that implies the spacer must be that thickness. Any info would be helpful......Joe, what did you use on your's? I know, I should've asked you at the WCC in Camarillo, but.......

Andy
Joe Bob
What works best or what will fill the wheel well?

What WORKS is inch up front and 2 inch on the rear based on the typical 964 wheel. This will clear the INNER wheel wells.

As to what FILLS the wheel well on the outside....it varies .... the wheel arches vary from manufaucturer to manufacturer, tire size and the fitment of the flares....

My last 914/6 with flares....3 inch spacers, 16x9 964 wheels with GT flares and 255/45/16 tires filled nicely. 2 inch on the fronts with 225/46/16 and 7.5 inch wide wheels....
d914
I ran a 35mm up front and a 54mm in the back for 16x9 and 16x7 cup wheels with 225 and 245's. or roughly what z said.....

by the way this is me with a broken clutch fork rolling into the pits, many moons ago..
andys
ttt
Series9
100mm wheels studs and 42mm spacers all the way around with steel lugs.

I could go a little more. I'll probably settle on 2"(50.8mm) for all four corners.
d914
that would probably work. I had 35's all around and one side just missed and rubbed on the back. At the time the 54's are what I found and new about. I used the bolt on's at that time. On the fronts they could of used a bit more of a push out.
see pic..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.