Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs part numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
This is a bit off topic, but there are a few 911 experts floating around here...

Does anyone have a reference that lists the part numbers for the various sizes of Fuchs wheels? I'm specifically after the early 5-lug wheels, and most specifically after the early 6x15 wheels. Google has been no help, so far. It's possible these data simply aren't on the web at all, so if someone can point to a book or parts catalog, I'd be appreciative.

Failing part numbers, can anyone tell me how to distinguish the expensive "deep dish" 6x15 wheels from later 6x15 wheels that cost half as much? I presume the offsets are different, but what is the actual difference?
brant
Actually offsets are the same.
and technically the early/deeps are supposed to be run with an inner tube and the lates are designed to be run tube-less...

Also the early/deeps have a thicker stamping and may weigh a fraction more!!!!

So truly its a cosmetic difference.

The two wheels start with different part number pre-fixes.
I don't have the whole part number off the top of my head

but the earlies start with a 901.xxx
and the lates start with a 911.xxx
and the fakes have no part number at all

thats how you tell.
brant
anthony
The early ones have a 901 part number and the later ones have a 911 part number.

The offset is exactly the same. The early ones are shaped slightly differently - not enough IMO to justify the price differential.

This chart shows the part number for the early 6x15:

anthony
brant slipped by me with similar info!
anthony
Here you go:

ArtechnikA
5-lug Porsche Wheel Specs
lapuwali
Thanks, all. I have a 912 that came to me with 6x15 Fuchs on it. If they turn out to be the stupidly expensive early wheels, I'll cash in that little lottery ticket and put steels on the car (which I think look nicer, anyway).
Mueller
cool picture showing the differance....

Classic thread nomination?????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.