Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Tank Foam Piece
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
R_u_dd
I am reinstalling the gas tank on my '71 and am not sure how the large molded foam piece fits. It seems to go firewall side over the access hole to the bottom of the fuel tank.

Pictures anyone????
mepstein
QUOTE(R_u_dd @ Aug 5 2017, 06:20 PM) *

I am reinstalling the gas tank on my '71 and am not sure how the large molded foam piece fits. It seems to go firewall side over the access hole to the bottom of the fuel tank.

Pictures anyone????

The only large foam piece is the one that goes in the passenger footwell. There isn't one in the gas tank area.
R_u_dd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 5 2017, 03:34 PM) *

Pictures anyone????

The only large foam piece is the one that goes in the passenger footwell. There isn't one in the gas tank area.

Dude you are a star and I'm am an idiot. Did not pass the i q test apparently. We spent a half hour trying to get that to fit under the tank

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(R_u_dd @ Aug 5 2017, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 5 2017, 03:34 PM) *

Pictures anyone????

Dude you are a star and I'm am an idiot. Did not pass the i q test apparently. We spent a half hour trying to get that to fit under the tank

Thanks

Dude - I've made my share of mistakes X 10. biggrin.gif
There are 3 pads (about 2"x4") that go on the middle of the area to rest the tank and 2 rubber triangles that go on each end of the tank that secure the tank in place.
ndfrigi
are you referring to the 2 rubber that goes to the sides of the tank?

Click to view attachment
burton73
my 74 car had carpet scraps in the gas tank area.

Bob B
mepstein
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 5 2017, 07:32 PM) *

are you referring to the 2 rubber that goes to the sides of the tank?

Click to view attachment

Yes. Not really triangles but I don't know what they are really called.
R_u_dd
I figured out the rubber bumpers. They go on the ends of the tank. They are pretty obvious, plus I left myself notes about them. The big foam molded piece goes under the passenger's feet.

The gas tank is in and we are ready to rumble down the road. At least when we get the wiring done...
R_u_dd
Explanation of the rubber bumpers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.