Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleeping Fuel leak only on start up / warm up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thelogo
Its get wet around the
Gold tee and surrounding 3 closest clamps
And will drip a nice puddle but as soon as the car is running driving
Drip go's away , even after turning off the car and restarting
Never comes back until the next sunday drive .

But then there it is again

Bolt clamps are swiveled around
So i cant really reach them
thelogo
pray.gif
thelogo
It get soaked in gas dripps a little then seals up

But not good for me

Like sr71 fuel line ,
JawjaPorsche
Replace those clamps with fuel injection clamps. Your clamps can cause leaks.
mepstein

agree.gif Need proper clamps and the hose might be too large. Should be a tight fit.
thelogo
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 12 2017, 04:13 AM) *

Will i find these at flaps

Or somewhere else?
76-914
agree.gif & Is the Tee a barbed fitting or threaded fitting? Is the rubber stiff? What is that yellow ring? Hint: Take a piece of a paper towel and wrap around each joint. Pressurize and quickly check for wet spots on paper towel. One pin head drop of gas will make a quarter sized splotch on the paper. Makes it quick and easy to locate which one is leaking. beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 12 2017, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 12 2017, 04:13 AM) *

Will i find these at flaps

Or somewhere else?

Yes.
rhodyguy
What is that white line on the verticle hose in post #2? Mish mash of hose varieties.
Elliot Cannon
Replace them. Replace them all. NOW. New proper fitting hoses, and fuel injection style hose clamps. Or this...
thelogo
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 13 2017, 09:17 PM) *

Replace them. Replace them all. NOW. New proper fitting hoses, and fuel injection style hose clamps. Or this...

Engine carbs transplant etc was installed about month ago

Im sure after the 1st tune up all these leaks will be resolved

But everything is fresh its not like 20 years old stuff on there

----------------------------------------------

But a leak is a leak and yeh its worry some ,see below

? Question if you had to abandon take off in a concord
At what point does your mind set switch from the climb phase to the landing or crash land and does ones handling of the controls
Immediately deteriate?

Stress , blood pressure etc drunk.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 12 2017, 06:27 AM) *

agree.gif & Is the Tee a barbed fitting or threaded fitting? Is the rubber stiff? What is that yellow ring? Hint: Take a piece of a paper towel and wrap around each joint. Pressurize and quickly check for wet spots on paper towel. One pin head drop of gas will make a quarter sized splotch on the paper. Makes it quick and easy to locate which one is leaking. beerchug.gif

When i pressurize i assume you me turn on the car or

Put it to the on postion so fuel pump runs up ???

Because if i just run pump before cranking key

No leak bye1.gif
Elliot Cannon
The decision to continue take off or abort the takeoff should be made at a determined airspeed commonly referred to as V1. If a problem occurs after that speed, you will NOT have enough room to safely stop on the runway and at that point you are committed to fly and take care of the problem in the air. These poor guys never had a chance.

You have at least two different types of hose that I can see and the WRONG hose clamps. Replace them. SOON.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 13 2017, 10:00 PM) *

No leak bye1.gif

What kind of fuel pump are you using and what is the output pressure. It shouldn't be more than about 3 1/2 PSI with carbs.
thelogo
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 13 2017, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 13 2017, 10:00 PM) *

No leak bye1.gif

What kind of fuel pump are you using and what is the output pressure. It shouldn't be more than about 3 1/2 PSI with carbs.

Useing a rotary fuel pump , supposed to be 3 to 5 psi .

Lets assume for a minute that they were passed v1
And handle the problem in the air and
Are able to get engine shut down and fire doesn't cause the plane to explode .

Could the concord fly with a engine out and circle around back to land or plane was so far gone that no matter what level of pilot skill could overcome the
Crash
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.