Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber mounts for Fuel Pump..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
A while back I bought a generic fuel pump from Autozone because I was planning a V8 conversion, then I changed my mind and will be going flat six. Anyway, I have my stock Porsche fuel pump for the CIS injected motor but no mounts. The generic "autozone" pump just came with a round bracket and the Porsche pump fits it...so, can I just use that or is it so much better and necessary to get rubber mounts for it? Where to get them?

Doug C
freezing14
When I did the relocation of my fuel pump under the tank i did not have the rubber mount,, and so i installed it like that, I did not have the engine running before i installed it in there,, but now i am gladit does not have the mount,, when I start the car, i can always hear it running ( or not if there is a problem) and once the car is running i do not hear it anymore, but so far no problem

echocanyons
It is mounted with rubber mounts to dampen the vibration from the pump.

Not sure they are entirely necessary but I have always tried to utilize them even on my carbed 914.

I just picked up a pair from GPR for 6bucks each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.