Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Mercedes-Benz oil coolers $75 each
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have two Mercedes-Benz oil coolers removed from diesel MB cars. They come with the right angle swivel fittings. They will fit in the nose of a 914 where the GT coolers were located. They use fitting with a 15mm line. A friend of mine uses one on his 3.2L 914 track car and has never gone beyond 210 F on a hot day at Willow Springs.
yeahmag
I'm using one of these (from Bruce) much like Eric Oviatt did for my 2056. The cooler is bent in a press and had the fittings moved to the ends. This makes a no-cut, nose mounted cooler. The air flow probably isn't enough for a 3.2 like this, but it cools better than my rear mounted one did.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
These are also great to be mounted below the bumper. That way one does not have to cut the trunk.
smash.gif

PS: I used one of those as a front mounted cooler on my '74 Super Beetle that had a 2.0L T4 engine.
yeahmag
Didn't have to cut the trunk, just the bumper. There is enough room between the bumper and the body. You can kind of get the idea here.
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
yeahmag:

Now you're talking!!! How did he bend it w/o messing up anything inside. I'm sure more people are like me and would like a front cooler, but enjoy a front trunk w/o kits.

Also, where do your lines run, just curious.
amfab
HI Bruce,
do you have the dimension of these?
yeahmag
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Aug 28 2017, 10:02 AM) *

Didn't have to cut the trunk, just the bumper. There is enough room between the bumper and the body. You can kind of get the idea here.

I'm using a CB Performance Type I Dry Sump modified for my needs. The lines run down the longs on the outside, duck in just in front of the wheel well to the passenger compartment, and then in to the trunk through a boxed section of the car.

My old build has some good pictures of how I did it:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0sump&st=40
bdstone914
QUOTE(amfab @ Aug 28 2017, 10:39 AM) *

HI Bruce,
do you have the dimension of these?

20 x 4 x 2
bdstone914
Bump, Still have tow of these. Great on either a big four or a 6.
JOEPROPER
I'll take one please. PM coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.