Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick-Jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Hi,

Could someone tell me the distance between the jacking donuts - center to center? I am trying to decide between the 5000XL or the 5000EXT. One is 60" and the other is 66"

Thanks!
Wyvern
Center to Center is 49"

My concern is that it is SO short that it would be too long when collapsed to just slide under the car.

I just measured it as I am trying to find the Quick Jack that will work on both the 914 & Cayman.
Wyvern
found this right here ...
quick Jack info
914forme
Get the normal length, it is very easy to extended the platform if you need to lift something bigger. Friend has a Cayman and a Cayenne. Had to make the set of extensions for his 7000XL it fits under the Cayman with out the extension, and then bolt on the extensions and lift the Chilli.

This is my Merc up on it.

Click to view attachment

And here they are all alone

Click to view attachment

Easy enough to do, and it is the best of both worlds.

Other things I would like to do if they where mine. Better casters to make it easier to move and not scratch my floor paint. Handles to make them easier to lift into the bed of the truck.
iankarr
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Sep 2 2017, 06:40 PM) *

Center to Center is 49"

My concern is that it is SO short that it would be too long when collapsed to just slide under the car.

I just measured it as I am trying to find the Quick Jack that will work on both the 914 & Cayman.

Just measured my Cayman 987.2 at 55 inches between lift points. I have the older model QJ5000 (which is marginally long enough even for the 914) and am about to pull the trigger on a larger QJ...so we're in the same boat. Check this link and the measuring table at the bottom for more info. I think I'm going with the 7000 SLX so I can also lift my Jeep.

914forme - Those extensions seem like they'd work, but I'd be a little concerned that the higher center of gravity and narrower base would change the safety profile of the lift. Probably fine, but when it comes to getting under a car, I'm super conservative. Be safe!

https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-measuring-guide.html
Rand
The 914 fits within those specs. She ain't fat.
914forme
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Sep 2 2017, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Wyvern @ Sep 2 2017, 06:40 PM) *

Center to Center is 49"

Just measured my Cayman 987.2 at 55 inches between lift points. I have the older model QJ5000 (which is marginally long enough even for the 914) and am about to pull the trigger on a larger QJ...so we're in the same boat. Check this link and the measuring table at the bottom for more info. I think I'm going with the 7000 SLX so I can also lift my Jeep.

914forme - Those extensions seem like they'd work, but I'd be a little concerned that the higher center of gravity and narrower base would change the safety profile of the lift. Probably fine, but when it comes to getting under a car, I'm super conservative. Be safe!

https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-measuring-guide.html

Stable as can be, I shook the living crap out of it before I put my melon under it. Super stable, with the Benz you have to run the engine to set the transmission fluid level. I wanted to make sure it was stable, hate to drop 5000 lbs of MB Diesel onto the floor of the garage, while my sorry ass was under it.

Safety first you know.
PlaysWithCars
XL. I believe the EXT is too long to fit between the wheels. XL works perfect on my car.

I'll have to look into fabbing an extension bed. The XL is too short to hit the lift points on our X5.
Wyvern
Just thinking out loud ... someone could make some $ making the "Extenders"

"914forme" looks like some 1x1 and boxed it . how does it actually mount ?
IanJ
I have a set of the 5000XL and they fit snugly between the wheels. You can also use them across the width of the car if you needed to.

Has anyone come up with creative ways to get more height?
The manual states you can stack the rubber blocks but this is very shaky and even then doesn't give me much room for my subaru engine and trolley (I'm working on a lower trolley to help).
90quattrocoupe
A friend of mine uses one on his B3 Audi. He puts jack stands under it to steady it even more.

Greg W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.