Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 Exhaust System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mitox
I have a BB exhaust system that I removed from my 1988 3.2 engine. I can't use it on my current project, since the engine is going into a 914.

Jegs shows the 1 3/4" headers with heat exchangers at $1640, and dual tip muffler at $790. New package: $2430

Selling $1200 plus shipping ,or you can pick them up in SW Virginia.

The headers are in great condition, though the heat exchangers have one seam split on each unit; see pic.

The muffler seems to have been repaired; see pics.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Mitox
More pics

Click to view attachment

Mitox
Last pic

Click to view attachment

Mitox
No interest on 914World, so I'm going to put the system on the bird site soon.

Do you think the price is fair?

Thanks,

roblav1
Fair price??? Who knows. Everybody is different. Having built a few sets of stainless headers, I know it's a real expensive and time consuming pain. My take is that the muffler is not much value given the previous splits and the obvious amateur welding repair. Header pipes look OK in the pics, but the splits in the exchangers would turn off some people, whereas I'd Tig it back together. If I was in the market (not presently but have been many times), I'd think about $750-$800 for the headers would do it for me. But agree best to list on the bird site since N/A for 914.

I hope I haven't negatively intervened too much on your advertisement, but you did ask! Best wishes for a successful sale and a happy customer.
Mitox
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Sep 7 2017, 07:34 PM) *

Fair price??? Who knows. Everybody is different. Having built a few sets of stainless headers, I know it's a real expensive and time consuming pain. My take is that the muffler is not much value given the previous splits and the obvious amateur welding repair. Header pipes look OK in the pics, but the splits in the exchangers would turn off some people, whereas I'd Tig it back together. If I was in the market (not presently but have been many times), I'd think about $750-$800 for the headers would do it for me. But agree best to list on the bird site since N/A for 914.

I hope I haven't negatively intervened too much on your advertisement, but you did ask! Best wishes for a successful sale and a happy customer.

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I may correct the small split on the HE, but yeah, the muffler is rough.
mepstein
Not much call here for 911 headers. I agree, the bird board is better. Great condition might bring you half of new. I think $600 is your max.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.