Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor question-
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
i looked up on anders somight to see what the numbers mean,
and one is listed for a 2.0 , 74-76
the other one(cleaner one) says 75-75.

i can tell you the both ran like crap compared to whats in the car and i really thought when i bought the nice lean one with all new stuff inside it would run much better-
one onther thing is they are off from each other 180' so no wonder one ran bad but the it doesnt explain the clean one on right- are they both for a d-jet or one for L- jer and does it matter?
914sgofast2
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 11 2017, 06:16 PM) *

i can tell you the both ran like crap compared to whats in the car and i really thought when i bought the nice lean one with all new stuff inside it would run much better-
one onther thing is they are off from each other 180' so no wonder one ran bad but the it doesnt explain the clean one on right- are they both for a d-jet or one for L- jer and does it matter?

Probably have different advance/retard curves, with the one for the 1975 being more retarded so the cars woudl pass the stricter emission requirements in 1975.
porschetub
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Sep 12 2017, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 11 2017, 06:16 PM) *

Probably have different advance/retard curves, with the one for the 1975 being more retarded so the cars woudl pass the stricter emission requirements in 1975.

I seem to remember the end letter (VW) A,B or what refers to the type of vacuum unit,have you checked the movement of the advance plates must be free and easy.
These units have a bad rep for sticking up on the advance plate a very common issue ,seen lots when I rebuilt them years ago.
Dave_Darling
I think I can see one of the mounting screws for the trigger points on the left side of the dirty one. I'm pretty sure I can see the end of the trigger points cover on the clean one.

That would say they are both D-jet distributors.

--DD
BillC
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 12 2017, 12:47 AM) *

I think I can see one of the mounting screws for the trigger points on the left side of the dirty one. I'm pretty sure I can see the end of the trigger points cover on the clean one.

--DD

I'm guessing they would both have to be D-jet distributors, or the car wouldn't run at all.

Might want to check the vacuum canisters to see if they hold vacuum. Then, check the advance movement, as mentioned above.
914_teener
QUOTE(BillC @ Sep 12 2017, 05:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 12 2017, 12:47 AM) *

--DD

I'm guessing they would both have to be D-jet distributors, or the car wouldn't run at all.

Might want to check the vacuum canisters to see if they hold vacuum. Then, check the advance movement, as mentioned above.

agree.gif x10
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.