Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crankcase Breathers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Spoke
Tangerine system with crankcase vented back to the intakes on both sides. After running this for a while, I checked in the air cleaners and no oil residue found.

Great system; well engineered and fabricated.

Click to view attachment
gothspeed
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 5 2018, 05:23 PM) *

Tangerine system with crankcase vented back to the intakes on both sides. After running this for a while, I checked in the air cleaners and no oil residue found.

Cool, another tangerine tank smile.gif ..... does your engine have or use cylinder head vents?
Spoke
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 5 2018, 08:34 PM) *

Cool, another tangerine tank smile.gif ..... does your engine have or use cylinder head vents?

I routed a hose between the 2 head vents. I read about it somewhere here. Don't recall who suggested it.
gothspeed
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 5 2018, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 5 2018, 08:34 PM) *

I routed a hose between the 2 head vents. I read about it somewhere here. Don't recall who suggested it.

Interesting, i have read that a few times on here. im thinking i will go that route on the heads and use a pcv for the crank case vent. i might even measure the pressure if any on the cylinder heads. Just to see what is going on in there. smile.gif
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 5 2018, 10:13 PM) *

Interesting, i have read that a few times on here. im thinking i will go that route on the heads and use a pcv for the crank case vent. i might even measure the pressure if any on the cylinder heads. Just to see what is going on in there. smile.gif

I'm very interested to hear what you find. Empirical facts trump guesswork every time.
gothspeed
QUOTE(98101 @ Jan 5 2018, 11:46 PM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 5 2018, 10:13 PM) *

I'm very interested to hear what you find. Empirical facts trump guesswork every time.

Yes, i primarily want to learn more on why some engines nearly fill their valve cover chambers with oil at higher rpm. was it because the crankcase had high pressure or because valve chamber had a huge vent along with high crankcase pressure?

However so far most info i have read about seems to support having lower crankcase pressure. Here is one example:

http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/quick-tech-t...ressure-part-1/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.