Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake light is flashing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
Had a new MC (19mm) and new brake lines (OEM rubber) installed yesterday. i also used the blue brake fluid. brakes work MUCH better now. but, the brake light won't stop flashing. what's causing this?
thanks in advance
scotty914
reset the switch on the mc, it is under a little rubber boot
john rogers
If the switch on the m/c has a small button, just press it and it will reset it. It can also be the switch at the parking brake lever too. On both our cars (73 and 74) there was no button and the switch was good so I finally disconnected the circuit.
Joe Bob
That's the self destruct warning light..... cool_shades.gif
TROJANMAN
thanks. i figured it was the swtich, so i kep the old one in case it was bad. i'll try and get under there tonight.

Gint
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ May 20 2005, 08:57 AM)
thanks. i figured it was the swtich, so i kep the old one in case it was bad. i'll try and get under there tonight.

The weitch probably isn't bad, it just needs to be reset. If you ran the cylinder out of fluid it would do the same thing. They do that out of the box because they never had fluid until installed. Just get under there and push the button.
Gint
Search results for master AND reset AND switch

The oldest two threads in there have pics. The oldest has a pic of the button after it's been pushed in. The second oldest thread has a pic of the rubber boot that covers the switch.

TROJANMAN
thanks. that will make things much easier
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.