Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish we were there
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mojorisen914
Pulling the tranny!!
JFG
On your tranny mounts. You see the sequence for the large dish plate/the washer/the nut. Are they in the correct order? It's not quite clear but do you have it in the this order, nut - large dish-large washer?

When i fit mine the dish seems to sit angled and presses on the arm of the tranny.
cary
Click to view attachment
cary
Click to view attachment
JFG
Thanks for that. I searched the catalogue but clearly missed the diagram.

Looks like i have the correct layout but the central bolt is around the other way with the nut at the bottom.
914Mike
QUOTE(JFG @ Sep 17 2017, 06:38 AM) *

Thanks for that. I searched the catalogue but clearly missed the diagram.

Looks like i have the correct layout but the central bolt is around the other way with the nut at the bottom.

Well, that and the cup goes on top.

My cups have a slot on the rim so they can't turn for some reason.
cary
I have some with a slot, some without.
Need to dig a little deeper into the PET and see if there's a model year change.
JFG
From memory there was a year change. I got confused when trying to buy them for mine. The slot discs are for the straight bar type of engine bar. Not the later style with the holes for the shifter bar etc. Think it changed on either 72 or 73. But having said that i may be missing a chunk of info that means it was some other kind of change.
cary
Ran across these while dropping the engine in Mike's new 72. Thought I'd share.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bdstone914
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 21 2017, 10:05 PM) *

Ran across these while dropping the engine in Mike's new 72. Thought I'd share.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The early engine mount washers were like the trans washers with a notch to fit the bar. Can be used for trans mount washers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.