Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How best to directly hook MC to brake lights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I have eliminated a lot of extra wiring and relays and such....how would one best hook up the brake lights to the mastercylinder switch?

Up in the garage on WIFI and under the car.....cold beer is close.....ESPN Sport Center is on....
SLITS
Wouldn't hook to MC stock setup, no pressure accuated switch to hook to.

Wire from hot ign to switch on brake pedal...wire from switch to lights (assuming lights are grounded).
Joe Bob
Yeah that's what I meant...should I fuse it?
messix
wadda ya new

chair.gif

yes fuse it
SLITS
Yeh, if it ever frays and grounds ya get a lotta foul smelling smoke.....kinda like beer and hard boiled eggs. icon8.gif

I suppose it would be possible to mount a pressure switch in a "T" off one of the circuits, but that seems more trouble than it's worth.
Joe Bob
Crud....I meant what amp fuse.... pray.gif beer, mowing the lawn, heat, setting up the kiddies pool and then working on cars beats ya up.....
messix
if'n just the brake lights a 5er will do.

if you have it ganged with other things on a buss. add up the current + 20% to get your fuse value
SLITS
Inline.....$1.98? at local flaps...5 - 10 amp max.

What happened to the boiled eggs?
Joe Bob
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 22 2005, 10:24 AM)
Inline.....$1.98? at local flaps...5 - 10 amp max.

What happened to the boiled eggs?

I fahted, lit a match and turned the channel....

Aaron Cox
huh.gif
\
back to work son.
get frank done?
Joe Bob
After manfred is done...I am fabricating a dash to use 911/VDO gauges...that's taking time.

Looks like the microswitch is dead....I get 12v to one side with the ignition on....push on the brake pedal, nothing on the other side...gonna pull it and see if it can be fixed....
Joe Bob
It's a real bitch getting in there with the cage.
Joe Bob
Don't say...I will...and my fat ass...
Joe Bob
Fixed it.....crap in the contacts....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.