Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carved 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Many, many years ago, I actually saw a factory carbureted 1.8 in a New Hampshire wrecking yard, but have never seen another. I know they were never imported into the States, but does anyone on the Forum actually own one and have any pics? Obviously, they would be extremely rare here in the States.

Spellcheck changed my topic title!
914EURO
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 7 2017, 12:02 AM) *

Many, many years ago, I actually saw a factory carbureted 1.8 in a New Hampshire wrecking yard, but have never seen another. I know they were never imported into the States, but does anyone on the Forum actually own one and have any pics? Obviously, they would be extremely rare here in the States.

Spellcheck changed my topic title!

I have a 1.8 carbureted 914 Euro Spec but the Dellorto twin duo Carbs were added aftermarket. Still pretty cool nut and bolt retro mod Euro Spec Restoration

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
Is that a hex bar linkage? From the factory? biggrin.gif
914EURO
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 7 2017, 01:02 AM) *

Is that a hex bar linkage? From the factory? biggrin.gif

Nope. This 914 originally had L-Jet FI.
CARBS and linkages were added during the Restoration.
74ravenna
Do you remember where in NH?

I know it was a long time ago and the car is long gone but i'm curious.

A 1.8 was just auctioned in Portsmouth NH a couple months ago and it was carbed.

This car was red (Malaga i believe)

I assumed the prior owner converted it but..........

It had been sitting for decades at that location.

Were they built with dual carbs from the factory?
GeorgeRud
We were visiting a friend living by Nashua, but I remember this was out in the country somewhat. The PET actually shows the parts that were used, but it would be nice to document this with current pictures of the setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.