Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the injector resistor pack the same for 1.8/2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfinegan
I am converting my 1.8 to a factory 2.0 with an engine swap with harness and ECU. Will my resistor pac from my 1.8 work for the 2.0?
BeatNavy
Not completely sure of the question. Are you going to D-Jet for the 2.0? D-Jet doesn't use a resistor pack like L-Jet on the 1.8.
rfinegan
Yes it is a d jet, I have a white wide blade connector near the battery that i am trying to determine what it plugs into. Look like the same plug for the resistor block??? confused24.gif

Robert

My 75 1.8 resistor block did plug into the socket, so I'm confused ? It was thinking the Djet did not use resistors

-Robert
JeffBowlsby
The one wire single wide blade should be in a single pole box housing. It connects to the cyl head temp sensor near cyl 3.
rfinegan
its the first connector coming of the ECU wiring harness
rfinegan
Speed limiter? Do i have to find one or will it work without it installed?
JeffBowlsby
OH. You have an FI harness from a 1975-76 2.0L CA-only model, which includes the speed limiter accessory. Even though it has the same connector as an L-jet resistor pack, DO NOT PLUG IN THE RESISTOR PACK. You can run without the speed limiter, just leave that branch dangling with nothing connected
rfinegan
Thanks Jeff/Rob...
DM_2000
Speed limiter as in road speed or engine rev limiter?
JeffBowlsby
Rev limiter. It cuts off the fuel above a certain RPM as an emissions device.
MartyYeoman
Wow, The depth of knowledge around here is truly astounding. smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
Porsche, or Bosch, noticed that it wasn't such a good idea to cut the spark to limit the RPMs when you have a catalyst in the exhaust. Because cutting the spark means you have fuel still going through the engine, and the catalyst gets nice and hot... Wanna guess what can happen there?

So they implemented the rev limiter by cutting the fuel. I believe the limiter interrupts the signal from the trigger points when they start signaling too quickly.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.