Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pay it forward thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
poorsche914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 22 2017, 03:25 PM) *

So here is my junk offering. I have a very nice right side lower latch pillar. You will have to trim off the parts that are still attached but it is a nice section with no more than surface rust. Let me know if you can use it.

I circled a detail that is difficult to replicate.

I can use that, Rick smile.gif

driving.gif
Front yard mechanic
Speaking of something useless I have heat tubes if anyone needs themClick to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Oct 19 2017, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 18 2017, 05:38 PM) *

This thread is a joke, what 10 people offering up stuff that should be thrown in the dumpster. Some stuff isn't even for a 914. We have over 10,000 members so 10 people what to offer up a bunch of crap that they can't sell, give me a break. Nobody is giving anything away that could be sold! Just throw it away.

That's the complete wrong attitude. The whole point of keeping the stuff in circulation is because maybe you can save someone some money on their car but you can also strengthen the bonds of the community. And if you are really lucky you get to hook up with someone local to you and you have a new friend. Remember that, before the internet, when it was just you and the couple of guys in your area. I'll give you an example, twice in the last year I had 914 motors that were surplus to our needs at the shop and I offered them up on this forum. Brett, who lives a few towns from my shop, came up, brought chili and we all shared a meal. Now I see Brett at my open house, at the local autocross, he is a friend. A friend I might not have made if I hadn't offered up parts. So I guess I could have put the engines in the scrap pile or the dumpster but you don't make friend's in the dumpster.

Totally agree agree.gif . One man's trash is another's treasure. @ weeks ago I sent someone 2 faucets for their new home. They were surplus new but never installed, for the price of shipping. I was rewarded with a cable that I needed from another member last night; for the cost of shipping. Karma can be good or a Mother sheeplove.gif . biggrin.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Oct 17 2017, 03:46 PM) *

Ok, not 914 but someone could use this early type III windshild washer cap.
I tried to adapt it to a 914 but went a simpler route.

Click to view attachment

I'll take that! My 914 powered '68 Fastback has the washer bottle but no cap!
How convenient! smile.gif
jtprettyman
QUOTE(bretth @ Oct 19 2017, 08:24 AM) *

OK here's my contribution. Bench mount engine stand. Never used.

I would love to have the stand! PM’ing you. I will see what I have to offer up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.