Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marina A/X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Trekkor
Great turn out, five 914-6's clap.gif

13 timed runs plus an hour of fun runs.
Ten drivers running back to back. Thinned out after about 30 minutes so you'd run, wait 20-40 secs and go again.
That'll wear you out.

Check out this pic of Andy. He was lifting higher, I swear it.

KT
Trekkor
I believe this was the TTOD 914-6.
Has *everything*.
Runs in class "Z".
Trekkor
914-6 with a 2.8- Also fast.
sixnotfour

Spectacular, Photo smoke.gif
Trekkor
Jager SIX. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
9146R ( greg ) came out.
He's a great driver with a very nice car. 2.4 SIX.

Trekkor
My SIX was the 5th one out.
Trekkor
This car was blazing fast.
Look at the width... drooley.gif
Joe Bob
So I guess Andy's POS motor finally runs right?
Trekkor
Grant was there and really driving well clap.gif

It was Nathan, though...TTOD was in the 37.xx's, and Nate drops a high 38 on us.

Congrats smilie_pokal.gif

Andy had a 39 and I put up a 40.3 ( got a 39 in the fun runs ) headbang.gif

Pretty sure there will be six 914's in the top ten.

Also, a 911 trailered race car lost his inner c/v joint and was dragging his axle. unsure.gif

Overall, one of the best a/x's ever.

KT
MoveQik
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 22 2005, 06:56 PM)

Must be the new paint on his wheels!

Looks like fun, guys.
SirAndy
yepp, i was actually higher than in that pic on the next run! ohmy.gif

i was fighting understeer all morning so i dropped the tire pressure down to 17lbs in the front and 19lbs in the rear.

them schlicks are sticking well!
in fact, i went on 2 wheels! that was damm scary there for a second.
i went through that same right hand turn when all the sudden, i see the pass. front fender come up, blocking my view ... unsure.gif

disconnected the sway bar for the afternoon runs, which helped with the understeer but made the back a bit squirly. still managed to put down a good run (39.042).

back to the drawing board! time to get rid of those soft 180lbs springs in the rear.
i'm thinking 250lbs ...
idea.gif Andy
nebreitling
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 22 2005, 07:40 PM)
It was Nathan, though...TTOD was in the 37.xx's, and Nate drops a high 38 on us.

thanks trek!

but actually, it was a low-38... a 38.307, to be precise... cool.gif

had a hard time in the AM. car was terribly unbalanced. during lunch, i re-indexed the torsion bars, lowered the front end, adjusted the sway bar... balanced the car out as much as i could. still fighting alignment. needs more neg camber in front. seriously.

trek drove great -- he was finding the lower times i knew he had in him during the fun runs. his car stays REALLY flat.

ditto w/ grant, but he really lacked the power to keep up on the end straight.... power really counted on this course.

and ANDY. damn, andy did really well. he's got some suspension sorting to do, but those slicks REALLY stick.

good times!

n
nine14cats
The orange 914-6 is Tom Provasi's. He's won TTOD at Parade the last couple of years and his car is fast. The red car is E.J. and Susan Fontaine's. Again, really fast. E.J. and Susan have helped Doris and I out with instruction and car setups....they are really great to have around.

Trekkor,

I think you need flares and slicks....something for the winter...? laugh.gif

Damn...I can't wait for 2006!

It's hard sitting here looking at the pics... wacko.gif

Time for a beer.gif

Bill P.
mskala
Wow, must be good to have a high turnout of modified 914's.
Around here it's mostly mild stuff at least at PCA events. I
don't get to the scca.
URY914
Now that looks fun....

Andy, you're now a member of the 3-wheel and 2-wheel 914 club. smilie_pokal.gif

Paul
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 22 2005, 06:56 PM)
Great turn out, five 914-6's clap.gif

13 timed runs plus an hour of fun runs.
Ten drivers running back to back. Thinned out after about 30 minutes so you'd run, wait 20-40 secs and go again.
That'll wear you out.

KT

That's a great pic.

Hey, Andy, if Brad doesn't get back down here this weekend, will you help me by shaving my fender wells? I can't make a tight right hand turn without rubbing. I'm afraid I might rip my fender off...that would be bad... unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 23 2005, 08:23 AM)
Hey, Andy, if Brad doesn't get back down here this weekend, will you help me by shaving my fender wells?

sure thing! you got tools?

smash.gif Andy
grantsfo
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 22 2005, 09:23 PM)
ditto w/ grant, but he really lacked the power to keep up on the end straight.... power really counted on this course.

First off Nathan your car and your driving are very well dialed in. Great fun watching you beat much faster cars. I loved hearing comments in the grid. "Thats a little 4 banger?"

and yeah, I was doing crazy things to try to make up for lost time on the long straight and none seemed to work as I just didnt have enough tire. The straight on the back felt like an eternity. I just couldnt get enough speed in third gear to grab power.

My favorite run was when I stayed in second all the way to redline and shifting to third in the middle of that fast corner and then getting fuel starvation (was not running enough gas in my tank my last two runs) just as I got to third with the car at its limit. Very spectacular spin! I almost caught the spin but didnt have any power as the car had temporaily run out of gas.

I threw down a 42.1 which wasnt too shabby given that I was within a second of Ken and his 2.0 prepared car.

Andy's car was fun to watch, those "Shlicks" shtick! I was thinking damn those would be cool to have on my car, but then I realized I wouldnt have enough power to turn them!

Sorry I didnt stick around for fun runs, I had house guests that I had to get back to yesterday. I also had to put gas in the car! Its a good thing when you have so many runs you run out of gas. I have to bring a small gas can next time!
redshift
WTG! LOL! Andy, have you ever seen a horse count? Looks just like your car.

smile.gif

M
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 23 2005, 08:11 AM)
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 23 2005, 08:23 AM)
Hey, Andy, if Brad doesn't get back down here this weekend, will you help me by shaving my fender wells?

sure thing! you got tools?

smash.gif Andy

Actually, Brad said he was going to give you the key to his shop and he had the tools in there...did he?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 23 2005, 10:27 AM)
Actually, Brad said he was going to give you the key to his shop and he had the tools in there...did he?

nope, he didn't ...

sad.gif Andy
Lyressa Roberts
Oh, ok...well, he said he'd be back this weekend as it is a long weekend...so I guess he can get you a key then or he can just take my car again, or you can... idea.gif That is, of course, if you're up to the idea... biggrin.gif I could just go buy some sand paper and take the next 30 years sanding it off...hehehe. wacko.gif
9146R
Trekkor, thanks for prompting me to run the LPR autox and the funrun ride along/coaching. Great surface, course layout (the back sweeper tached out in 2nd was cool). Lots of talented 914 drivers on hand Nathan, Grant, Andy, Trekkor. Glad I got into the 39 second club on the fun runs. ps - Andy next time can you pull a wheelie on the start for us ? pray.gif
nebreitling
nice meeting you, greg!
Britain Smith
Hey Nathan...when are you going to update the points for the 914CUp?

-Britain
grantsfo
QUOTE (9146R @ May 23 2005, 12:12 PM)
Trekkor, thanks for prompting me to run the LPR autox and the funrun ride along/coaching. Great surface, course layout (the back sweeper tached out in 2nd was cool). Lots of talented 914 drivers on hand Nathan, Grant, Andy, Trekkor. Glad I got into the 39 second club on the fun runs. ps - Andy next time can you pull a wheelie on the start for us ? pray.gif

Greg, Great meeting you too. Nice to see another fast 6 out there!
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ May 23 2005, 05:47 PM)
Greg, Great meeting you too. Nice to see another fast 6 out there!

ditto! smilie_pokal.gif

and thanks for letting me use the impact wrench!
pray.gif Andy
nebreitling
zoya got a few of me

i couldn't seem to find a quick launch without laying down a little $$$ rubber. a bit of a drag-start.

nebreitling
a run w/ trekkor
nebreitling
the color washout makes my car actually look good in this pic
Trekkor
"Here's a little something for the folks".

I'll post the whole video later.
I spun out on my first run of the day as well. biggrin.gif

Airborne cone.

KT
Trekkor
ohmy.gif
Trekkor
Overall, I was very happy with everything.
I was getting good car control.
All my runs were very consistant time wise. 40.3-41.xx.

I know that tires are the missing ingredient to a faster car.

People say Hoosiers are worth 2 seconds ( 38.3 ) idea.gif

I have other plans... cool.gif

My car stayed flat all day. Still lifting the inside just a touch.

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 23 2005, 10:38 PM)
My car stayed flat all day. Still lifting the inside just a touch.

there will always be some minor lifting ...

looked like your rear end was just a bit lose, i could see it wanting to brake out going through that big back-sweeper ...

you might want to tighten the front bar just a little bit ...

your car was looking good out there. and that first spin was just classic!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
nebreitling
hoosiers are definitely worth some real time, but IMHO i think two seconds on a 40 sec course is slight hyperbole. 2 sec on a 70 sec course, maybe... v710's look pretty damn good too, and a bit cheaper. might try them next.

in any case, trek, you could improve your grip RIGHT NOW by just getting ahold of some wider wheels and mounting your yokos/hoosiers on them.
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 23 2005, 10:47 PM)
but IMHO i think two seconds on a 40 sec course is slight hyperbole

agree.gif

two seconds over street tires, yes ... but yours hardly qualify as street tires ...
wink.gif Andy
Trekkor
there will always be some minor lifting ...

I just noticed your new avatar. biggrin.gif Hardly minor. laugh.gif

Andy, Nathan and I...Wheel lifting avatars. aktion035.gif

KT
rick 918-S
You guys are cool! I wub.gif that stuff!
Dead Air
smilie_pokal.gif
You guys are outta control!!
Where do I get me one??
Brad Roberts
hoosiers are definitely worth some real time, but IMHO i think two seconds on a 40 sec course is slight hyperbole

On a road race course against Kuhmo's.. it has nothing to do with AutoX.

I had a blast.

Funny part: Bill commented on EJ helping them with setup.. I was there to help EJ. We have a way's to go with EJ's car.

B
grantsfo
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 23 2005, 09:47 PM)
hoosiers are definitely worth some real time, but IMHO i think two seconds on a 40 sec course is slight hyperbole. 2 sec on a 70 sec course, maybe... v710's look pretty damn good too, and a bit cheaper. might try them next.

in any case, trek, you could improve your grip RIGHT NOW by just getting ahold of some wider wheels and mounting your yokos/hoosiers on them.

I think wider stickier slicks on wider rims would have been worth easily 1 to 2 seconds on that course. Yoko's are nice but they arent anything close to wider slicks on wider rims. We'll see how much better my times get once I get slicks on the car. My sense is I'll get close to 2 seconds on 45 - 60 second courses.

Trekkor
My sense is I'll get close to 2 seconds on 45 - 60 second courses.

I think so too.
Our treadwear 60 Yokohama's are a great all-around tire.
It's been a stepping stone to better car control after the Falken's.
Good for wet driving,too.

I know there is a wheel/tire combo out there that would have given me a 38.xx on Sunday unsure.gif

I want stickies...

KT
nine14cats
Trekkor,

You need these..... rolleyes.gif

beer.gif

nine14cats
nuther....
nine14cats
one more...
Trekkor
Thanks Bill, don't mind if I do. wink.gif
Just leave 'em on the side of your house under those cardboard pieces. I'll have 'em by dawn. drooley.gif

KT
nine14cats
You want me to leave out the sawzall for the "trekkor flares?"... laugh.gif

chant with me....

flares and slicks...

flares and slicks....

flares and slicks.....

happy11.gif

You can't catch Andrew and Steve without 'em....

Isn't this sport such a cheap hobby????

rolleyes.gif

Bill P.
9146R
Trekkor :

Come on now....Rims and Schlicks time. We'd all love to see you lift that inside wheel and make those new porterfields really work !

ps - Had fun with you and the 914 gang. Thanks for the kind words & photo.

Greg
grantsfo
OK Trekkor this might motivate you! RS Racing still has some of those $109.20 A3S04 Hoosiers left. ..and guess who just ordered some. monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.