Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello everyone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsr-jamie
Hello everyone, its been a while since I have posted here. I have not really been driving my 914 that much...finally took it out for a nice drive today..it needs some work and I plan on fixing those small problems...the interior is in bad shape...I want to upholster the seats. They are both torn well and need repairing. My car is a 72 model with the moveable passenger seat...anybody know where to get affordable yet good quality upholstery kits for the seats? Also the door panels need replacing but aren't too bad compared to the seats. My dash is terrible, its cracked everywhere...how about those black ABS plastic covers that fit over the exhisting ones....don't have a whole lot of money and am located in Japan if someone can ship to me. Thank you.

IPB Image
daytona
Hi Jamie,
Welcome back.
I think that 914rubber has most if not all the parts you need.
Bill.
Shadowfax
QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 15 2017, 07:25 AM) *

Hi Jamie,
Welcome back.
I think that 914rubber has most if not all the parts you need.
Bill.

+1 on 914rubber. Car looks good from here.
nsr-jamie
Hi thanks !! Interested in the seat kits, I also need the side bolster kit. Anyone ever used the ABS plastic dash cover before? How is the quality and does it look cheap? Thank you
GregAmy
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Oct 15 2017, 03:54 AM) *
My dash is terrible, its cracked everywhere...how about those black ABS plastic covers that fit over the exhisting ones...

914Rubber has replacement dashes, and they're worth the wait if you have to put off the purchase.

Also note that a good upholstery shop can repair and re-dye the vinyl panels. I had my entire tan interior re-dyed to black to match the new 914Rubber seat kits.
Jett
Cool car. I suggest getting a new dash from 914Rubber, the part is amazing and you will be much happier spending a little more than the plastic caps. Replacing the dash is pretty easy and 914 Rubber has a video example.

Good luck.

Btw. I have purchased three interior seat sets and they are great!
malcolm2
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Oct 19 2017, 11:12 AM) *

Hi thanks !! Interested in the seat kits, I also need the side bolster kit. Anyone ever used the ABS plastic dash cover before? How is the quality and does it look cheap? Thank you

I found a used plastic dash cover that really looks good. Probably from a swap meet. Unless you are looking very closely you cannot tell. Not sure it these are still available, or maybe 914rubber.com has that option too.

The only issue will mine is around the ashtray. Pulling the ashtray out, I have to be careful. It will grab the cover if it is not pulled out just right. I am sure it is an inexpensive solution vs. a nice new one.

I agree with the previous posters, 914rubber.com will probably have everything you need plus stuff you did not know you needed and all new condition.

Clark
Steve
I bought an upholstery kit from Autos International. Fit and finish was perfect.
http://www.porschetopsandinteriors.net/porsche-seat-covers/
9fourteen14
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Oct 15 2017, 02:54 AM) *

Hello everyone, its been a while since I have posted here. I have not really been driving my 914 that much...finally took it out for a nice drive today..it needs some work and I plan on fixing those small problems...the interior is in bad shape...I want to upholster the seats. They are both torn well and need repairing. My car is a 72 model with the moveable passenger seat...anybody know where to get affordable yet good quality upholstery kits for the seats? Also the door panels need replacing but aren't too bad compared to the seats. My dash is terrible, its cracked everywhere...how about those black ABS plastic covers that fit over the exhisting ones....don't have a whole lot of money and am located in Japan if someone can ship to me. Thank you.

IPB Image

if YOU have a dash cover please take a picture and post here.... I am very curious about this?

914 luva
Mikey914
I have a dash cap on one of my cars. The key is you have to glue it on. Only because I'm too lazy (or busy making new parts) to get one of mine put on.
malcolm2
Please ignore the shrunken, wrinkled and ill-filling pad between the dash and the windshield..... Maybe one day I'll get around to taking the windshield out and replacing the seal and the dash pad etc....

Anyway, this is a plastic dash cover. I used high quality double stick tape to hold it down. There is a tiny crack on the right side of the ashtray. The material seems to be thin in that area.

BTW I replaced the ashtray with the 3d printed filler that has the opening for the cell phone vent holder... not pictured.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.