Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic - June 11th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
3d914
Sorry to say guys (& gals) it looks like I'm out of the running for this year. I'll have to wait a whole year for the next opportunity - that sucks.

The CV joints went out on my teener. I had a spare set of used shafts that we were able to come up with four that were usable for at least a few months - until I can find a source for rebuilts.

Anyhow I ended up spending all the cash (and more) I set aside for the trip sad.gif

I am totally bummed, but at least my wife gets her car back for the next few weeks.

Enjoy! And get lots of pictures.
TurtleGirl
Hey all,
John (VegasRacer) and I are in a little coffee shop in Williams. Wish you were here!!! Looking forward to Neverland!

Been a great day with perfect weather so far. It's not to hot, that's for sure!

No traffic on Rt66, road conditions are good W-E, so we imagine that the road will be wonderful tomorrow.

Peace, Liz & John
ThinAir
QUOTE (3d914 @ Jun 10 2005, 04:08 PM)
Sorry to say guys (& gals) it looks like I'm out of the running for this year. I'll have to wait a whole year for the next opportunity - that sucks.

Bummer! I don't think it's gonna be a whole year before we do something in Arizona. We've got all winter to do something in the south, the summer to do something in the north, fall to do something in the east and spring to do something in the west. The Arizona gang has become a lot more active since WCC2005 and I expect we'll hatch some kind of plan before 12 months have passed.

At the moment mine stopped running and I'm trying to get it going again - electrical on the relay board I think - I hate when this kind of stuff happens!
ThinAir
I've been telling myself that I've got to stop saying to the club that the car is ready for Saturday... but this time I think it really is! Got the electrical gremlin fixed, adjusted a tight valve, and swapped the busted heat exchanger. Just took it out for a couple of miles and it runs sweet. I think we're actually ready to go... who needs sleep anyway?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jun 11 2005, 02:49 AM)
Just took it out for a couple of miles and it runs sweet. I think we're actually ready to go... who needs sleep anyway?

That's the Spirit Ernie!
Gint
Sleep is for dogs, cats and infants.

The gang's all here. Joe Sharp and Linda Horn made it early this morning. Joe' having vapor lock issues with Neverland, so he says he'll head straight into Kingman after breakfast.

See ya at 9:14 in Ass Fork!
LvSteveH
I was the last one to show up, and I'm guessing the first one to make it back home, funny how that works. Anyway, had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone. I'd love to see more events like this in the future.

smile.gif
ThinAir
Back home in Flagstaff! Wow, what a day! Only got 3 hours of sleep last night after getting the car finished, but it performed flawlessly all day. It was a really fun day with everyone - and the road to Oatman was the most incredible, all out, twisting driving fun I've ever had. If you weren't here, you really missed out! (Gotta rub it in!)

We ended up with 5 cars and 9 people. The folks at the diner in Ash Fork really pulled out all the stops for us. We had our own 914 special that more than filled us for the day for $9.14. I think only Ron and Mike managed to finish it all!

Thanks to John Peterson for scoping out the route ahead of time and for arranging for the great T-Shirts. Thanks to Jeroen for great T-Shirt artwork. Thanks to everyone for showing up!
ThinAir
Lined up in front of the diner. More pictures later in a post-event topic. Must sleep now!
VegasRacer
mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Was this a great 914 Club Classic event or what?!?!?!
I had a super excellent time. Thanks to all who made the effort to join the fun.

QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jun 11 2005, 11:57 PM)
More pictures later in a post-event topic.

Here is a new picture thread for all to enjoy.
Please add your own comments and photos.
Bleyseng
Great pics and looks like you guys had a great time!! smilie_pokal.gif drunk.gif
TurtleGirl
Aaaarrrgggghhh!!!

I can't find my camera cable!!! I promise I'll get some of the great pics of the run posted soon!!!

I had a great time! Thanks to all for making this a superb weekend. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

tongue.gif mueba.gif beer3.gif MDB2.gif w00t.gif burnout.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jun 10 2005, 12:00 PM)
Sandy and I decided to wear our shirts today in support of the event! aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif

Hey Rick! I got my Route 66 tee shirt on as well! What's up with the jackets? screwy.gif
Lou W
Dan, I didn't get a gun or magazine with mine? whats up with that?
Joe Bob
DUDE....where's the cold brewski and the extended pinky?
xitspd
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 12 2005, 02:35 PM)
DUDE....where's the cold brewski and the extended pinky?

This Beck's for you Z.....
Joe Bob
Tuff hood? 9mm in yer own back yard????

Don't think I doan see the tail dragger book....looking to move on up in the pecking order???
xitspd
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 12 2005, 02:50 PM)
Tuff hood?  9mm in yer own back yard????

Don't think I doan see the tail dragger book....looking to move on up in the pecking order???

No, I'm a hard core bottom feeder. I have loved 914's since 1970. Just reading about Porsche engines...... Just shot a few practice rounds(big backyard).
snflupigus
WHAT? No pictures like these?

user posted image
jimtab
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Jun 12 2005, 03:42 PM)
WHAT? No pictures like these?

user posted image

GEEZ I'll bet they're great swimmers.....
rick 918-S
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jun 12 2005, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jun 10 2005, 12:00 PM)
Sandy and I decided to wear our shirts today in support of the event! aktion035.gif  :driving-girl:

Hey Rick! I got my Route 66 tee shirt on as well! What's up with the jackets? screwy.gif

clap.gif wavey.gif Crappy weather...... mad.gif Your livin like a king! idea.gif I'm in the wrong business again. wacko.gif
snflupigus
Anybody in the SW or Cali lives like a king compared to the rest of the country... I know.. I used to live in Nebraska. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.