Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic - June 11th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ThinAir
Hey all! Just a reminder that the Route 66 Classic is coming up in less than 3 weeks. If you don't know what this is, check out the details here.

Here's the list of folks who will be making it as far as I know. If you are not on this list or I've got your status wrong, please chime in here. I'd like to give the folks at the diner an estimate for breakfast on Saturday.

Toast (Moved just for John!)
VegasRacer
ThinAir914
Howard
3d914
Hi_Fi_Guy (possibly)
Joe Sharp
SLITS
Gint
mrmeade
Chris914n6
FlatVW (possibly)
Mike9142.0
914RS wink.gif - well we've been trying to convince Joe that his job isn't really as important as making a 914 event, but he hasn't actually said he'll be there
Rick918-S wink.gif - not really - but Rick seems to make it to all the other 914 events, why is he skipping this one?

There's still room for more (in fact there's no limit), so if you can make it - come on! (Oh yeah - NO TRACK FEES either!)
LvSteveH
I'll do my best, but my 914 world is in a constant state of flux. I'll let you know for sure when it gets a bit closer.
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif
seanery
Anyone from the SLC area going down?
Gint
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ May 22 2005, 10:49 PM)

Here's the list of folks who will be making it as far as I know. If you are not on this list or I've got your status wrong, please chime in here. I'd like to give the folks at the diner an estimate for breakfast on Saturday.

VegasRacer
ThinAir914
Howard
3d914
Hi_Fi_Guy (possibly)
Joe Sharp
SLITS
Gint
mrmeade
Chris914n6
FlatVW (possibly)
Mike9142.0
914RS wink.gif - well we've been trying to convince Joe that his job isn't really as important as making a 914 event, but he hasn't actually said he'll be there
Rick918-S wink.gif - not really - but Rick seems to make it to all the other 914 events, why is he skipping this one?
Toast

There's still room for more (in fact there's no limit), so if you can make it - come on! (Oh yeah - NO TRACK FEES either!)

assimilate.gif Becareful what you wish for.... alien_2.gif idea.gif happy11.gif
JoeSharp
I only wish for the best.
:PREMAGRIN: Joe
Mike9142.0
So what are the TRACK FEES for this?
ThinAir
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ May 23 2005, 09:18 PM)
I only wish for the best.

So Joe, I'm confused. Something you said made me think you were coming. This makes it sound like maybe you aren't, but you are wishing the best for the rest of us. Set me straight since I seem to be so easily confused! huh.gif
VegasRacer
Toast ?
Scott ?
Aaron ?

It is a short drive from So Cal.
Come over a play with us.
JoeSharp
The best would to have everyone show up. As for me, only towing my car home will keep me from being there.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
SLITS
From Riverside, CA to Williams, AZ......400.09 miles....6 hrs. 3 hrs + a $300 ticket if you drive like I do. biggrin.gif
brant
bump
Aaron Cox
i may be game for this.

im done with finals on the 8th. i start work on the 13th! sad.gif
we will see. lagunero and i were talking about a midnight drive to avoid the heat. i also need bigger than 50 series tires for a long drive.....

we shall see idea.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (Sammy @ May 24 2005, 12:08 PM)
Where be williams ariz?
My parents live in Wickenburg, is it close to there?

Williams, AZ is on I-40, about 30 miles west of Flagstaff. Ash Fork, where we're starting with breakfast, is about 20 miles west of Williams.

From Wickenburg you either have to get back to I-17 and take that North to I-40 at Flagstaff, or go through Yarnell/Prescott/Chino Valley - the road ends at I-40/Ash Fork.

Google Map for Ash Fork

Wickenburg is in kind of a no-mans land that makes it hard to get anywhere from there!

MapBlast says the fastest route is through Yarnell/Prescott/Chino Valley - 127 miles from Wickenburg to Williams.
JoeSharp
Aaron: I have tires, just come by and pick some out.
Toast
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ May 24 2005, 03:15 AM)
Toast ?
Scott ?
Aaron ?

It is a short drive from So Cal.
Come over a play with us.

My name IS on there. It just at the bottom of the list sad.gif right under all that mumbo jumbo about rick and Joe. rolleyes.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 24 2005, 12:10 PM)
i may be game for this.

we will see. lagunero and i were talking about a midnight drive to avoid the heat. i also need bigger than 50 series tires for a long drive.....

we shall see idea.gif

Aaron, this tire size excuse has been going on for WAY to long now. dry.gif rolleyes.gif
SLITS
i may be game for this.

we shall see idea.gif

Whimpette....I ran 50 series to Tuscon and back....steady 4000 RPM......whatcha afeered that that mighty engine might puke something in the middle of the dirty rotten stinkin hot desert?

Wussssssz
MattR
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 24 2005, 04:24 PM)
i may be game for this.

im done with finals on the 8th. i start work on the 13th!  :(

we shall see  :idea:

Whimpette....I ran 50 series to Tuscon and back....steady 4000 RPM......whatcha afeered that that mighty engine might puke something in the middle of the dirty rotten stinkin hot desert?

Wussssssz

Gas dont cost a quarter per gallon any more, grandpa

biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (MattR @ May 24 2005, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 24 2005, 04:24 PM)
i may be game for this.

im done with finals on the 8th. i start work on the 13th!  :(

we shall see  :idea:

Wussssssz

Gas dont cost a quarter per gallon any more, grandpa

biggrin.gif

No it don't.....but I'm sure you two can earn enough for a tank full if you charge the boys in Corona instead of giving it out free flipa.gif
MattR
chairfall.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Toast @ May 24 2005, 04:08 PM)
My name IS on there. It just at the bottom of the list

I like it better when you are on top. cool_shades.gif
Toast
!
ThinAir
Original list edited, just for John!
Aaron Cox
lol2.gif

well ron. when you leaving? staying over or coming back the same day?
hit me up with some details....., huh.gif
Toast
I'm wondering why you are so interested in Ron's details! blink.gif
VegasRacer
I approved this final proof from the shirt people today.
They are scheduled to be delivered by Friday next week.
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 25 2005, 10:21 AM)
lol2.gif

well ron. when you leaving? staying over or coming back the same day?
hit me up with some details....., huh.gif

I'm thinking Fri nite...6 pm...run to Williams...stay in the No-Tell Motel...

Leaving Sat Morn @ 2 AM and driving the rest of the day just leaves me cold.

Yea, I suppose you and your lover can stay in the room....but I'm gonna sleep with one eye open cool_shades.gif

Looks like John wants to share too! dry.gif
Howard
My final decision, subject to change, of course.

Will drive to Laughlin early Saturday AM in SUV with A/C and good stereo to prepare the welcome wagon. Stay over Sat night, and perhaps Sunday if I'm winning smilie_pokal.gif
VegasRacer
I just booked my room for Friday night in Williams. I will be staying at the Econo Lodge. They seemed to be the best option. Located on Route 66 (302 E. Hwy 66, walking distance from the main drag in town) Gotta be close to the 'action'. Reasonable rates ($52 if you say you have AAA). They do still have rooms available. (928) 635-4085.
ThinAir
I'm getting very excited! My car is off jackstands for the first time in months. Tomorrow I have to install the battery and then it will be ready to fire up for the first time. I'm as nervous as can be, but can hardly wait for tomorrow after work to try it! biggrin.gif
ThinAir
Well it didn't start tonight, but there's still time.

Anybody else gonna come and run Route 66 with us?
Gint
I'll pin the Event thread for this run from the Future Events forum up here in the garage tomorrow morning (which will be two weeks prior to the event). In the meantime... icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
lol2.gif 928 exchange...... any hidden meaning? assimilate.gif happy11.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ May 27 2005, 05:02 AM)
lol2.gif 928 exchange...... any hidden meaning? assimilate.gif happy11.gif

One of the hotels I considered down the street was located at 911 E. Route 66.
All of the reviews from Expedia were very bad. chair.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ May 24 2005, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Sammy @ May 24 2005, 12:08 PM)
Where be williams ariz?
My parents live in Wickenburg, is it close to there?

Williams, AZ is on I-40, about 30 miles west of Flagstaff. Ash Fork, where we're starting with breakfast, is about 20 miles west of Williams.

From Wickenburg you either have to get back to I-17 and take that North to I-40 at Flagstaff, or go through Yarnell/Prescott/Chino Valley - the road ends at I-40/Ash Fork.

Google Map for Ash Fork

Wickenburg is in kind of a no-mans land that makes it hard to get anywhere from there!

MapBlast says the fastest route is through Yarnell/Prescott/Chino Valley - 127 miles from Wickenburg to Williams.

I'm in Surprise (about 20miles closer to Phoenix than Wickenburg) and I can vouch that the scenic route through Prescott is a much more relaxed route than the 17.

If I can make it I'll most likely take the back-way via Prescott.
SLITS
Room booked at the Econo for Fri Nite ~ Anticipate about an 11:30 PM arrival unless I can bail on work early.....Damn, no smoking rooms available...guess I'll have to leave my pot at home. smoke.gif

And Howie.....just because you're retired doesn't mean you're dead, but you are sure as hell acting like it. Ya got two teeners..drive one (and let Suzi wub.gif drive the other).
Chris914n6
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 24 2005, 11:10 AM)
i also need bigger than 50 series tires for a long drive.....
If I can make it I'll most likely take the back-way via Prescott.

I got 50 series tires too.... of course the other numbers are 245 and 16 mueba.gif

I'll be staying at a friends place in Prescott - wanna make a meeting place? I'd post his address if I knew it. Guess I should make a phone call wink.gif
snflupigus
My first POST! Yeah! I finally found a good 914 board... why it took so long I have no idea.

I can more than likely attend this event but will need to find a copilot as riding alone for hours and hours just isnt that much fun to me. I'm sure there's a fine lady here in phx that will be up for it. smile.gif

btw, I have 245/50 15's... I dont run 4k rpm unless I'm doing almost 90....

Anybody close in Phoenix? I'd love to meet up and ask someone with more experience with these cars a lot of questions... I'll bring the Corona..

Nic

VegasRacer
Welcome to the club Nic. We're glad you finally found us.
I hope you can make it to the Route 66 Classic next weekend.

ThinAir
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ May 31 2005, 03:03 AM)
I hope you can make it to the Route 66 Classic next weekend.

NOT NEXT WEEKEND! I'm not ready! Next Saturday is June 4th. The following Saturday is the day for the Route 66 Classic!
VegasRacer
The way I figured it this weekend is the 4th - 5th.
Next weekend is the 11th - 12th.

But waddo I know wacko.gif
I live in a town with no clocks and every day is a holiday. drunk.gif
Toast
Welcome to the club Nic. clap.gif beerchug.gif

Yea, SLITS' daugeter lives in Phoenix. biggrin.gif Of course you would have to talk with him and her new husband about that.

.........oh, thats right. You dont really know SLITS yet. rolleyes.gif Keep an eye out for his posts. He's one interesting cracker. laugh.gif

Hope to see ya at the Rt. 66!

VegasRacer
Guess what was in the box that UPS just dropped off at my house.
ThinAir
VERY NICE!!!!! Slits will look much better in that shirt! biggrin.gif
snflupigus
sad.gif well... My clutch just started slipping a little worse this week. I'm thinking it probably wouldnt be too good of an idea to drive up ANY hills sad.gif especially that many miles from home.

Sorry guys. I will eventually get out with you all.
SLITS
It takes about 2 hours to change a clutch including coffee, tea, coke, or milk breaks.....for beer, add one hour......Sorry, the excuse doesn't fly. dry.gif

And I like my shirt finger.gif
Gint
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Jun 4 2005, 12:01 PM)
sad.gif well... My clutch just started slipping a little worse this week. I'm thinking it probably wouldnt be too good of an idea to drive up ANY hills sad.gif especially that many miles from home.

Sorry guys. I will eventually get out with you all.

You're kidding right? You're in Arizona anyway? Drive the Speedster. Drive a Pontiac. Hell, I'll be driving a rental pickup truck.
JoeSharp
And I'll be in my big front engined tail dragger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.