Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions on this 75 1.8L?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iwanta914-6
I know my history with getting interested in a 914 and then not being able pull the trigger, but I would appreciate some input on this little 75 1.8L not far from where I live. Apparently originally an Arizona car. I don't have any pictures of the hell hole or longs, but I kind of want to go take a look at it. I contacted the seller and received some additional pictures. It supposedly is in running condition.

Click for pictures

You can see in the pictures that the battery has been relocated, probably because the battery tray rotted away, but no pictures of that area were given to me.

Does anything else jump out at you in the pictures that would be of concern?

Thanks.
Larmo63
Other than the ugly rear trunk, it looks pretty solid from underneath.
tygaboy
I'd bet you have enough info to make the call so if after you check it out, you feel the price is right, I vote you buy it, jump in and join the adventure.

Two things to remember:
1. Everything is fixable
2. Life is short
bbrock
Like you said, you really need to see what is underneath the rocker covers. Picture 20 looks like there could be some significant rust lurking under there. You already noted the battery relocate and lack of hell hole pics. You can see there is still a battery tray in place, but can't tell the condition. I'd also want to probe the rear seam of that trunk to make sure it is solid. IMO, replacing the rear section of trunk is not a big deal, but you would want to know if it needs to be done. The only other thing I see is it looks like somebody crunched the frunk with a floor jack maybe. That's not hard to bang back out though.

But it seems like the car is worth at least taking a look at.
Mueller
I like the 1.8 motors with the L-Jet, building one right now!
JOEPROPER
I think it's worth taking a ride to see it. You've been around long enough to know the problem areas and current values, so take a look. How bad can it be? lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.