Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 911 engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
brooks944
Hi, this is actually a request for the local shop I use and a friend of mine. They are converting a 914-4 to a 6 and the only parts needed to complete is the engine tin. The engine being swapped is a 2.7, but the shop owner says any air cooled 911 tin fits. If anyone has one, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with the buyer.

Thanks, Rick
mepstein
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Oct 20 2017, 08:44 PM) *

Hi, this is actually a request for the local shop I use and a friend of mine. They are converting a 914-4 to a 6 and the only parts needed to complete is the engine tin. The engine being swapped is a 2.7, but the shop owner says any air cooled 911 tin fits. If anyone has one, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with the buyer.

Thanks, Rick

The shop owner is incorrect.
Coondog

Restoration Design just started making the complete set. $ 800.00 I think.
Or you can call Rich at Hi Performance House $ 3,900 for a NOS set... wacko.gif
live free & drive
I've got a set to sell that I bought from GPR this spring

I believe these are Rich Johnson built parts - these may work better for you if you are not planning on using heat exchangers as they do not have the air duct holes cut in them.

They are raw steel - unpainted/coated

$350 + shippping
Coondog
That’s a great price, thanks for offering them to 914 world members. Cutting air duct holes is no big deal. Should be a quick sale smile.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Oct 20 2017, 05:44 PM) *

The engine being swapped is a 2.7, but the shop owner says any air cooled 911 tin fits.

Might fit the engine....but won't fit the hole in the engine bay where the engine sits.
Will take a lot of time and effort ($$$) to convert the 911 engine tin to look and function like 914-6 engine tin.

Even on my project, I sourced a set of real 914-6 engine tin, but the rear piece where the MFI pump belt goes needed a lot of massaging and mods to get it to fit and function as I wanted.
sixaddict
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Oct 20 2017, 04:44 PM) *

Shop obviously do not know 914s.....beware of experts who are not!

Thanks, Rick

JOEPROPER
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Oct 21 2017, 08:06 AM) *

I've got a set to sell that I bought from GPR this spring

I believe these are Rich Johnson built parts - these may work better for you if you are not planning on using heat exchangers as they do not have the air duct holes cut in them.

They are raw steel - unpainted/coated

$350 + shippping

I'd be interested in that. Sorry if I'm out of line...
live free & drive
Sold to Michael pending payment - he was the first responder of many (although no response from the original poster...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.