Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Heater lever for center console...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MikeInMunich
Please send me a PM if you have one and your price.

Thanks!

M.i.M.
abes914
I have one. Will send you a picture tomorrow. Please pm me your email address so I can send pictures
GaroldShaffer
blink.gif The heater lever for the center console is the bent one. The straight one is for non console cars. So Mike does your car have a center console? Or does it have a center deposit or none? If center deposit or non then it should be the straight lever. The bent one is used with consoles to line up with the hole in the base cover of the console.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 21 2017, 05:34 PM) *

blink.gif The heater lever for the center console is the bent one. The straight one is for non console cars. So Mike does your car have a center console? Or does it have a center deposit or none? If center deposit or non then it should be the straight lever. The bent one is used with consoles to line up with the hole in the base cover of the console.

agree.gif

I have either type.

I do not remember you cat having a console when I worked on it.
And didn't you eliminate the ventilation system?
Finding it a little chilly in Deutschland ?
Bruce
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 21 2017, 04:34 PM) *

I have a center console and the "bent" lever. It doesn't line up with the slot properly, so I figured I have the wrong lever. My straight lever broke. Replacement was "bent". Straight lever was however original to the car and the console isn't.

I can post a photo, later / soon.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 22 2017, 04:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 21 2017, 05:34 PM) *

agree.gif

I have either type.

I do not remember you cat having a console when I worked on it.
And didn't you eliminate the ventilation system?
Finding it a little chilly in Deutschland ?
Bruce

Hi Bruce!

Correct, but this is for my black car, which is in my avatar photo here. Btw. it was a stupid idea to eliminate the heat completely from the white car. I drive with my heat on almost all the time over here, not to mention the fact that it would be nuts to not have it on with the top down on almost ANY evening of the year, much less in April, September or October. That car will be getting a new engine sometime soon and when it does, the heat is going back in, albeit without the blower onto the windshield, because it was deleted and would be a huge PITA to replace. Ed closed the slots for the vents entirely! blink.gif

M.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Oct 22 2017, 11:45 AM) *

I have a center console and the "bent" lever. It doesn't line up with the slot properly, so I figured I have the wrong lever. My straight lever broke. Replacement was "bent". Straight lever was however original to the car and the console isn't.

Mike I sent you a email with pictures of the proper lever for a console. The picture you sent me looks to be a straight one that someone bent to try and make work. Here is what the lever looks like (ignore the rust on them)
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 22 2017, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Oct 22 2017, 11:45 AM) *

Mike I sent you a email with pictures of the proper lever for a console. The picture you sent me looks to be a straight one that someone bent to try and make work. Here is what the lever looks like (ignore the rust on them)

When it's mounted, is the kink to the left, as in the photos, or to the right? Seems to me it must be to the right, no?
McMark
To the right.
You may have a 'custom' console bottom plate. Not uncommon for people to make their own. They don't realize there's two different arms, and don't have the correct one, so they just make a new bottom plate, instead of finding the right part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.