Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forums Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GregAmy
Can't start a topic in the Forum FAQ so...

Recently, I've noticed that I can no longer search for my own posts or topics. Regardless of how I get to my own profile, if I select either "Find Member's Posts" or "Find Member's Topics" I set:

"Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 5 seconds before trying again."

I'll wait for some time, much more than 5 seconds, and I still get the same response.

Works fine if I select someone else's profile, but I can't do my own. I do seem to recall this worked before, because I'd use that technique to reply/update threads I'd started or participated in.

Something change or am I doing something wrong?

Greg
TheCabinetmaker
Click on your name above your avatar. That's takes you to your profile page. Then click options at the upper right of the screen. There, is the drop down menu you are looking for.
GregAmy
That's what I'm doing. Below is what I'm getting, even after letting it sit there for a minute.

Does it work for you on your own profile?

Click to view attachment
Jazzy
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 22 2017, 04:57 PM) *

That's what I'm doing. Below is what I'm getting, even after letting it sit there for a minute.

Does it work for you on your own profile?

Click to view attachment

Yeah, I've seen this too. Wait a few seconds and then press F5 or click the refresh icon in your browser.
SirAndy
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 22 2017, 07:51 AM) *

Click on your name above your avatar. That's takes you to your profile page. Then click options at the upper right of the screen. There, is the drop down menu you are looking for.

This works for me ...

What browser are you using?
idea.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2017, 12:47 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Oct 22 2017, 07:51 AM) *

This works for me ...

What browser are you using?
idea.gif

Good catch: Chrome. And it works fine in Firefox (though Firefox has gotten so bloated lately I switched to Chrome...) Chrome must be sending multiple requests.

As you were!
arne
I see this fairly frequently both in my own profile, and the profiles of others, in multiple browsers. If I wait just a bit and try again it is generally ok. I suspect the settings for concurrent search requests are a bit on the low side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.